2nd April 2014, 10:44 PM
mascool

Career options in microbiology and the colleges offering this course? What is the scope of microbiology?

i want to know about career in microbiology and colleges offering this course and
scope of microbiology and how much a microbiologist can earn

Related Questions:
  1. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  2. What career option should I opt after completion of my B.Sc(In Microbiology)? Should I pursue M.Sc in microbiology?
  3. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology?
  4. Career in Microbiology?
  5. Best Colleges in India to do Ph.d in Microbiology? What will be the career scope for me after completion of this course?
  6. What is the Scope in Microbiology?
  7. Which Post graduation to do after BSc Microbiology? Medical microbiology, applied microbiology and clinical research?
  8. MSc in biotechnology or MsSc in microbiology? Which one is better?
  9. Scope of PhD in Microbiology? Career options available?
  10. Is it a good option to opt for Psychology instead of Maths? Career options after B.Sc. Microbiology?
  11. Scope MSc in microbiology? is biotechnology much better than microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What is the scope of B.Sc in Microbiology? Which PG course should I do after that?
  13. Career in Microbiology?
  14. Colleges offering M.Tech in Microbiology? Procedure to get admission for this course?
  15. List of entrance exams of medical microbiology? Names of colleges offering medical microbiology in Hyderabad?
  16. Which course is a better choice for me between Medical Microbiology and Nanotechnology being a candidate of pursuing Under Graduation in Microbiology? List of Institutions in Coimbatore offering these courses?
  17. What are the career options available after MSc Microbiology in government sector?
  18. Colleges in Chennai offering MSc medical microbiology? Entrance exams and jobs placements in Medical Microbiology?
10th June 2014, 11:28 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Career options in microbiology and the colleges offering this course? What is the scope of microbiology?

Microbiology is the study of Micro organisms. One can opt for this course at Graduation and Post Graduation level as well.

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification.

If your highest qualification is 12th class, I suggest you to opt for Graduation with the subjects like
-Microbiology
-Botany
-Zoology
-Biotechnology etc.

In the same way, you can opt for Microbiology course at your Post Graduation as well.

To get admission for Post Graduation course, each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam where as for Graduation, you can get direct admission.

As per the career scope,

You can get job opportunities in
-Hospitals
-Chemical Laboratories
-Diagnostic Centers
-Research Laboratories etc.

The minimum salary that is offered is 10k to 15K.

If you get hands on experience, you will be given good salaries.

Wish you all the best.
17th June 2015, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career options in microbiology and the colleges offering this course? What is the scope of microbiology?

How to get govt job after bsc micro biology and what is salary?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?