4th April 2014, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and criteria to apply for PhD in India or Abroad?

I am doing m.tech ( 1st year) in vlsi design at university of Calcutta and after this i want to do phd . So i want to know about the eligibility / criteria for applying for phd in india or abroad . I don't know much of it so please give information regarding it. More over i want to know is there any form of test / exam based on which candidates are selected for phd

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for PhD VLSI Design in India or Abroad? -- [New]
  2. Criteria other than GRE for PhD in USA with scholarship? PhD from Abroad is valid in India?
  3. Eligibility criteria for MDS outside India? Diploma courses in India and Abroad?
  4. Stipend for Ph.D in Nuclear medicine in Maharashra in India and abroad
  5. Eligibility criteria to join PhD in AI and Robotics?
  6. How can I do PHD after PG Diploma in Journalism? List of institutes offering this course in India?
  7. Criteria other than GRE for PhD in USA?
  8. Universities offering research based course in Computer Science? Eligibility criteria of the course and how to apply for it?
  9. Colleges offering B.Sc in Geology in India? How to go Abroad then after to study PhD?
  10. PhD research centres in India and Abroad for Oral Pathologist? How to approach them?
  11. Universities in India and Abroad offering PhD in Software Reliability?
  12. Scope of BDS abroad? Eligibility criteria for MDS outside India? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Names of the universities offering Ph.D in India and Abroad? What are the opportunities?
  14. How to get admission in Ph.D. in Biotechnology in foreign universities? How to get scholarship for the same?
  15. How can a BDS graduate apply for National institute of Immunology? What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure?
  16. Procedure to join Ph.D course in India or Abroad?
  17. Research centres in India and criteria for enrollment in PhD?
  18. Difference between studying in India and Abroad? What could be the correct career path for me being a candidate of BE in CS domain having 3 years experience in IT field and wanted to pursue higher studies?
13th April 2016, 11:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and criteria to apply for PhD in India or Abroad?

In India you have to complete Masters degree with 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D admission. Those who qualify NET/SET/GATE have a great chance of getting admission in a reputed university. Admission is based on written exam and interview.

For abroad you need to crack GRE after your post graduation. IELTS/TOEFL is also required for English proficiency. You also need reference letter from faculties of your college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?