4th April 2014, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?

Sir i have done M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry and i want to do phd in pharmacy,but i could not search any exam in which i am eligible for phd in pharmacy.in NIPER they require NET certificate but in CSIR UGC NET no paper is for pharmacy ,so for CSIR UGC NET I have to prepare for Chemical Sciences,but I had read only organic in my M.Sc......also i searched that i can not get phd in pharmacy due to my M.Sc.and only i can do phd. in chemistry....so this is my problem.kindly tell me any exam in india in which i my M.SC.Pharmaceutical Chemistry is eligible to give entrance for phd. in Pharmacy...i am very much in trouble about my phd...plz reply soon............

14th September 2016, 09:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?

For Ph.D in Pharmacy, you need to have M.Pharm qualification first. There is different course required for this field. On the basis of M.Sc pharmaceutical chemistry, you can only get Ph.D admission in pharmaceutical chemistry field only.

You can apply for admission in those universities which offer this programme. Admission will be based on the performance in written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. You won't be eligible for Ph.D in pharmacy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?