6th April 2014, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?

As per the rules above 55%are required for phd entrance but my percentage for mcom are 50.7% and also i want to know that is there any age limit to do phd . please reply to my confusions and if i can get admission plz give a detail information about this .k am residing in chhindwara district in mp. Thank you

7th April 2014, 12:44 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?

Hello Friend !!

Don't get confused, I will explain you in detail about the eligibility criteria for Ph.D.

For doing Ph.D you need to be qualified in the NET (National Eligibility Test) Examination conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission).

The Ph.D entrance exam is held twice a year in the months of June and December.

And to apply for NET Examination,

You should have a Master Degree from a Recognized University.

And you have minimum of 55% in your master degree.

You must be in the age of 20-28 yrs to apply for this examination.

But there is NO AGE LIMIT for applying to Ph.D programme.

Good Luck !!
8th April 2014, 01:22 PM
khan2003

Default Re: Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?

There is NO AGE LIMIT for pursuing Ph.D.
You have to clear an entrance test conducted by the university.

If one wants to go for NET-JRF, the age limit is 28 years.
1st April 2017, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

My age is 41.11 years. But I have 6.11 years. Industrial Experiences.I want to do phd in relevant subject.
Can I get age concentration in this case as I have Industrial Experiences.
11th April 2017, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I am 69 years old, I have done my masters in English literature, I would like to do a PhD in a contemporary subject. Is there an age limit or a way around it?
29th January 2018, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I am holding M.Com 69%, LL B 67% and Company Secretary Fellow degree. Age 62. Can I do PhD in Commerce or Law subjects.? Whether NET is necessary? Distance course with duration may Pl be specified.
GL SHARMA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?