17th April 2014, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

What to do after MA Economics to be a College Professor?

Hi,

I am confused about my future , I have done my B.A from economics and now doing M.A economics from SNDT university, I wanna become a College professor , so i just want some guidance about what to do after completing my M.A economics....( kindly help )

15th August 2014, 01:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after MA Economics to be a College Professor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am confused about my future , I have done my B.A from economics and now doing M.A economics from SNDT university, I wanna become a College professor , so i just want some guidance about what to do after completing my M.A economics....( kindly help )
To become a lecturer, you need to appear and get qualified in UGC NET entrance examination.

National Eligibility Test (NET) and this entrance examination is conducted by University Grants Commission for every year. This entrance examination conducted for the purpose of selecting the candidates for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Lectureship.

The applicant who are interested to appear in this entrance examination must satisfy the below criteria,

UGC NET Eligibility Criteria:-
  • The applicant must have completed or pursuing a Master degree or It's equivalent any discipline recognized by a UGC.
  • The applicant must have secured at least 55% in aggregate from a recognized university by UGC.
  • Five percent relaxation is given to SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped candidates.
  • The applicant age should be not more than 28 years for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and,
  • There is no age limit for Lectureship.

For further clarification please visit here:- www.ugc.ac.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?