18th April 2014, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join PHD in Physics from USA? Foreign universities where GRE is not required?

hello,
i have passed out m.sc in physics from india . now i am in usa living in MA state i want to join phd program in physics .so what is the procedure for join phd program .and can u provide information about universities where gre no required for phd program
thanks.......

Related Questions:
  1. Is GRE/TOEFL required to study Ph.D in USA?
  2. Is GRE needed for Ph.D. in foreign universities?
  3. Chances of going abroad after clearing GRE -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How much GRE and TOFEL score is required to be in safer position to get admission for Ph.D in US universities having completed M.Tech in Nano Science?
  5. Which test I should clear for pursuing PhD from USA, Germany and England like countries? Cost of GRE and TOEFL?
  6. List of some colleges in USA offering scholarship for Ph.D without GRE?
  7. Higher studies in Canada after Masters in chemistry from Bangladeshi University with CGPA 3.76?
  8. Criteria other than GRE for PhD in USA?
  9. Is it necessary to write both GRE and TOEFL to do MBA in USA? Which are the best universities to do MBA? How much GRE score is required?
  10. Is GRE exam a good way to enter MIT, USA and other top notch universities? What is the procedure for it?
  11. Required score in GRE Exam to get seat in Foreign Universities?
  12. Information related to GRE entrance exam? Things needed to do Ph.D from UK, USA or Canada?
  13. Colleges in USA which offer scholarship for Ph.D without GRE?
  14. Previous years papers of IIT entrance exam?
  15. Names of the universities where IELTS/GRE/TOEFL is not required and which offer scholarships to foreign, poor but meritorious students?
  16. To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?
  17. To pursue Ph.D program in USA is TOEFL and GRE score required? Which are the online coaching institutes for this course?
  18. Can I do Ph.D in Micro Economics in USA without TOEFL and GRE
21st May 2014, 10:20 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join PHD in Physics from USA? Foreign universities where GRE is not required?

It is good to see that you are aspiring for phd programme. This will indeed enhance your knowledge as well as help you in getting better career opportunities. The basic procedure to pursue Phd in USA is to qualify in the GRE and TOEFL exam followed by choosing universities as per the scores and then applying with resume, statement of purpose and research topic or discipline of interest.

Yes, there are universities which do not take admission on the basis of GRE score. The universities are :-
1. University of Dayton - GRE is optional for all engineering programs
http://gradadmission.udayton.edu/app...adm_scores.asp

2. Stevens Institute of Technology

3. New Mexico state University for Masters in Computer Science

4. University of Nebraska-Lincoln

5. University of Pittsburg - GRE score not required for Materials Science and Engineering

6. University of Northern Virginia in Manassas, VA

7. Purdue University West Lafayette, Indiana

8. MIT-massachusetts institute of technology - Electrical Engineering and computer science do not require GRE scores
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/grad/faqs.html#1

9. California State University Sacramento - don't require GRE for Civil Engineering
http://www.csus.edu/gradstudies/Faqa.htm#GRE_GMAT_MAT

10. University of Bridgeport, Connecticut - Master's of Science in Computer Science (M.S.), Computer Engineering (M.S.), Electrical Engineering (M.S.), Mechanical Engineering (M.S.), and Technology Management (M.S.) - GRE is recommended but not required
http://www.bridgeport.edu/pages/3664.asp

11. Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma

12. Farleigh Dickinson University(NJ)

13. Monmouth University(NJ)

14. Montclair State University(NJ)

15. The Richard Stockton College of NJ(NJ)

16. Rowan University(NJ)

17. Wichita State University

18. Kansas State University

19. Virginia State University

20. Florida International University for MS,PhD in Computer Science

21. Villanova University for MS in EE

22. University of Idaho for MS in Environmental science and Computer Engineering

23. West Texas A&M University

24. University of Florida for Arts Education

25. George Mason Univ (for Masters in Health Information Systems)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?