18th April 2014, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular PhD? Is there any special benefits and scholarships? various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?

Hi Friends,

I have done M.Tech in Software Engineering from Bangalore University.Currently i am working for software company.and trying to do Phd.
I have few questions mentioned below

1) Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular Phd. Differentiate clearly the regular and part time?
2) I am person with disability.Is there any special benefits and scholarships from govt and private sectors.
3) What are the various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?
4) Is there any foriegn universities offering phd for free to person with disabilities?
please clarify

Related Questions:
  1. How can go for further studies in USA after completing diploma in computer engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Reputed college or institute in India for PhD in CSE/IT? Whether to do regular PhD or part time?
  3. Scholarships and institutes for PhD in Chemistry at Mumbai?
  4. Universities which offer scholarships for Ph.D degree? Eligibility criteria and selection pattern?
  5. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD?
  6. Different courses in EEE in USA and their career options?
  7. How to do Ph.D in good university after completing MSc in Industrial Biotechnology?
  8. Scholarships for PhD students?
  9. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  10. Phd in immunology, any scholarships?
  11. Scholarships for Ph.D in Biotechnology? Which are the best universities?
  12. List of universities and scholarships offered for PhD course in chemical engineering after completing masters?
  13. How may I get scholarship for my Ph.D course? I am pursuing Ph.D with botany stream from Bakatulla university Bhopal, MP. I belong to OBC category and having residential of Jammu & Kashmir
  14. What is the scope of part time Ph.D? I am a MCA passout and doing a job in software company in Java/J2EE
  15. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  16. How may I do PhD in Pharmaceuticals biotechnology from USA? What are the scholarships available?
  17. How to do Ph.D part time in government organizations? Which entrance exams do I need to appear?
  18. GPAT is beneficial for PhD in Pharmacy? Details about criteria and scholarship?
20th March 2023, 10:32 PM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular PhD? Is there any special benefits and scholarships? various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?

1) A part-time PhD is equivalent to a regular PhD in terms of academic rigor and requirements. The main difference between the two is the time taken to complete the degree. A regular PhD is typically completed within 3-5 years, while a part-time PhD may take longer, usually up to 7-8 years. However, the value of the degree is determined by the quality of research and the reputation of the university rather than the mode of study.

2) Yes, there are special benefits and scholarships available for persons with disabilities. The government of India provides various scholarships for students with disabilities, such as the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) Scholarship, the National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities, and the Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. Private organizations such as the Ability Foundation and the Samarthanam Trust also offer scholarships for disabled students.

3) Some of the entrance exams for fellowships and scholarships in India include the UGC-NET, CSIR-NET, DBT-JRF, INSPIRE, and JEST. These exams are conducted by various organizations such as the University Grants Commission (UGC), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), and Department of Science and Technology (DST).

4) There are some foreign universities that offer free PhD programs to international students, including those with disabilities. However, the competition for such programs is usually very high, and the selection criteria are rigorous. Some of the universities that offer free PhD programs include the University of Copenhagen, the University of Oslo, and the University of Helsinki. It is important to research the specific programs and requirements before applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?