19th April 2014, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

What to do after 12th to become a journalist?

hi sir/man
m a student of class 12th n I gvng m xam dz year with commerce steam...n I what to be a journalist but I can't able to undtstnd..wht to do?? plz hlp m by gvng ur sugtn..

24th May 2015, 05:12 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after 12th to become a journalist?

- The Eligibility criteria to become a Journalist is that you should be 12th pass in any stream from a recognized university.

- The candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate in the 12th class to join any good college.

-The candidate must have good communication skills and linguistic skills and writing skills and listening skills.

-The Entrance exam of various journalism institutes usually held in the month from May - July every year which consists of a written test followed by Group discussions and Interview.

-The candidate should have good command over current affairs.
24th May 2015, 10:03 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

To become journalist, you know its role and respondibility .

To be a part of joirnalism,you need to do course in :-

1) B.J:- bachelor of journalism

2) B.C.J:- bachelor of communication and journalism.

3)B.J.M.C:- bachelor of journalism and mass communication.

-its a 3 year course and candidate must have 75% of attendance.

-the course fee would be between Rs 2.5 lakh to 5.5 lakhs for 3 years.

- geting a grduation degree degree does not be sufficient. You should be good at english,body language and good communication skills.
25th May 2015, 01:38 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Well it is not a problem at all that you are a commerce stream student. For going into journalism, you have to join a joint course of graduation of Mass Communication and Videography. This course is meant for people who wish to become a journalist in future. Along with the writing skills, this course orients a student towards speaking in the language fluently and distinctly.
Along with that the videography section allows the students to explore there camera skills and enhances the knowledge on intricacies of the camera. So for you I think this will be the best stream to choose. You just need to secure 60-65% in your higher secondary and you will easily make it in any college on mass communication course.
3rd September 2015, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

may i can do journalism in the steam of pure arts is there any plm nh plzzz help m 2 do 4rward studies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?