20th April 2014, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

UGC JRF fellowship eligibility for PhD Biotechnology?

Hi I am Nishanthi , have qualified in Ugc in Environmental Science. But my masters is Msc Biotech. can I register for phd in biotechnology with the above fellowship?? Please help me..

24th May 2014, 10:24 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: UGC JRF fellowship eligibility for PhD Biotechnology?

As you have asking here about your problem that you want to know the JRF eligibility for PhD in Biotechnology. So I am going to clearing your doubts and also give you some information about it. So for doing the fellowship with PhD you have to give the JRF exam which is conducted by the UGC. So then to apply for the exam you have to qualify for the criteria as they put for the candidates.

So the for first criteria is age limitation so as per age limit the limit is up to 28 years of age as for the general candidates and it is going to be relax for 3 to 5 years for the backward cast candidates. Then comes the marks qualification the mark should be 60 percent or above in your previous study as in Master degree study M.Sc. degree exam.

As you mentioned that you want to do in bio technology so you have to do M.Sc. degree with biology subject as your specialization subject. So that you are being eligible for the PhD in Biotechnology as in also fellowship. So these are the some basic eligibility for the fellowship in PhD as in Bio technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?