3rd November 2009, 05:28 PM
sumana

Do post graduate courses after doing BCA require mathematics at 10+2 level?

Hello sir/madam,
i am sumana doing bca(bachelor of computer application) from hyderabad (osmania university).i am in final year.
I have done 10+2 in bpc(biology , physics , chemistry)with 82.8 %.
Actually i wanted to do post graduation from a reputed university in my field of subject or related to science but from a top institute.but any university i surf on net ,demand mathematics at 10+2 which i dont have.i am ready to appear any kind of entrance exam which has maths and strive to work hard to fullfill my dream.
So please suggest me what should i do next.
Also i'm intrested in doing ms .

12th November 2009, 08:50 PM
letsrock007

Default Re: Do post graduate courses after doing BCA require mathematics at 10+2 level?

@sumana

Master of Business Administration (MBA(CM)) course only demands graduate in any discipline with 50% in aggregate. All other Post Graduate Computer Science Programmes demands mathematics as a compulsary subject in 12th. Though you have an excellent percentage of 82.8 in 12th but still mathematics subject in 12th is must.
13th November 2009, 01:05 PM
chetan asopa

Default Re: Do post graduate courses after doing BCA require mathematics at 10+2 level?

tell me abt ,, marine enggnrg ,,,,
27th November 2009, 09:06 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

marine engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the engineering aspects of sea vessels.

today it is one of the most lucarative job.marine engineers earn upto 3lakhs/month some experince of about 5-7 years.
6th January 2010, 01:44 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

@sumana
hi its very disheartening that due to maths you are not able to get into a good college of your choice.but at the same time you have to admit it as a fact and you should try to search other option because you are having an excellent percentage in 12th so you can do bba and then mba.
6th January 2010, 11:30 AM
kusum singal

yes,there are many colleges which demands for maths.but dont worry.you can go for mba and other colleges.so,dont worry.
best of luck.
6th January 2010, 09:45 PM
rohit kumar singh

for mca in 12th u must have maths ...so sorry...u have good academic record
6th January 2010, 10:12 PM
Senior Member+++

NO FOR POST GRADUATE AFTER DOIN bca IT REQUIRES 50%MARKS IN GRADUATION IN BCA with maths
7th January 2010, 08:11 PM
Abhishek Dhoot

hie friend.....your marks in maths obstracts to get admission in good college
sorry to inform..............
get top most post colleges after Bca
on///////
www.bca.edu.au/universities.html
good luck!!!!!!
8th January 2010, 08:57 PM
Abhilash Bachulinge

after doing BCA it requires 50% marks in graduation
your marks in maths can be a reason to not get admission in good
college
visit
www.bca.edu.au/universities.html
for further details

good luck
8th January 2010, 09:21 PM
Senior Member+++

no ..if you did BCA then its not noted ..but if you do after doing bsc then your marks in maths are taken into consideration
10th January 2010, 08:27 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

i am really sorrt to inform you that most of the institutes ask for maths in +2 level,
and hence you can not do post graduation
11th January 2010, 04:45 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Yes definitely mostly reputed colleges demand for Maths but don't get dis hearted try to search such people who have gone through such phase after posting your query on different websites, on my part even i'll try for it. TC
13th January 2010, 11:28 AM
sumana

thank you mam,for such polite and motivating response.
25th January 2010, 04:30 AM
edward
Top Answerer

no it is not compulsory to have maths in 12th for doing BCA as it is concern with computer subject.so do get confused just apply for it.
26th January 2010, 05:48 PM
baba8047

good evening sir/mem.
myself irfan khan from raipur(cg),
i am a student of BCA 2nd from pt.ravishankar university.
sir my question is that from which university i will do MCA for which my future will be secure.
and for MCA entrance what should i do??
please help me
30th January 2010, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

thank you sir,for such polite and motivating response.
31st January 2010, 09:46 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

@ baba8047.

You can persue you MCA from following institute for better career prospect:-

IIT's: admission is through IIT-JAM (mca) which is conducted by IIT's itself every year for admission to its other master degree programs as well as MCA.

NIT's: admission is through NIMCET,which is conducted by NIT's itself every year for admission to its MCA progams.

Anna university: admission is through TANCET which is conducted by uniersity on the behalf of Tamil nadu government admission to its master dergee programs,score of TANCET are also accepted my many institutes.

University of pune: conducts its own entrance for it.
Osmania university: conducts its own entrance for it.

Best of luck
15th February 2010, 09:41 PM
thakurbaba307

you can choose from an array of career options like
MBA
masters in social work
masters in public administration
MA(ECO,PSYCH,SOCIO)
28th February 2010, 08:33 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend..
if you want to do PG than no problem go for it..
here not see the wheather you have math in 10+2 or not..
so
best of luck..
28th February 2010, 08:46 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend..
if you want to do PG than no problem go for it..
here not see the wheather you have math in 10+2 or not..
so
best of luck..
7th April 2010, 10:19 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

@sumana

MATHS at +2 is only necessary for persuing MCA,rest of all Post Graduate degrees can be persued with out Mathematics at +2 level.

You can opt for anyone of the followings:-

M.sc (IT)
M.sc (CS)
MBA (IT)

Besides this you are also eligible for any other post graduate diplom courses.

Best of Luck
7th April 2010, 10:51 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
maths is compulsory for doing bca or mca,
if you are doing mba or msc, so maths is not
compulsory.................

you can go for these courses like- mba, msc, engineering etc...

best of luck....
8th April 2010, 05:45 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
it depends on which course you want to apply for.if you want to do MBA then you must have a maths background.if you want to do MCA then also maths background is required.
so math is necessary.
best of luck.
9th May 2010, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do post graduate courses after doing BCA require mathematics at 10 2 level?

What should do after 10 2 with mathematics?
10th May 2010, 07:09 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumana View Post
hello sir/madam,
i am sumana doing bca(bachelor of computer application) from hyderabad (osmania university).i am in final year.
I have done 10+2 in bpc(biology , physics , chemistry)with 82.8 %.
Actually i wanted to do post graduation from a reputed university in my field of subject or related to science but from a top institute.but any university i surf on net ,demand mathematics at 10+2 which i dont have.i am ready to appear any kind of entrance exam which has maths and strive to work hard to fullfill my dream.
So please suggest me what should i do next.
Also i'm intrested in doing ms .
its must u have 2 pass out 12th from maths then u can join mca ok by the way u can given a maths paper of 12 th with one subject ok best of luck
14th May 2010, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do post graduate courses after doing BCA require mathematics at 10 2 level?

sir,
Myself Vivek Verma. I completed my 2 with commerce maths.I want to know that weather i can do bca as it required maths .But as i said above that i m a commerce student then is it compalsory to have science in for this course...sir i m really confuse give me feed back as soon as possible
17th May 2010, 08:45 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
Myself Vivek Verma. I completed my 2 with commerce maths.I want to know that weather i can do bca as it required maths .But as i said above that i m a commerce student then is it compalsory to have science in for this course...sir i m really confuse give me feed back as soon as possible

Ya definitely you can opt for BCA, there is nothing problem in it.

In BCA you have to learn Programming languages like- C, C++, JAVA and thats mean that you also have to study Mathematics.

And of course BCA is a Technical as well as Science subject.

But if you are confused or dont want to opt for BCA just because itbelongs to science, then better Enroll for B.com/BBA (With Computer Application).

It will be much better for you, from that point of view. And also scope of B.com/BBA (With Computer Application) is slightly better then normal B.com/BBA.

Best of luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
17th May 2010, 09:11 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Most of colleges doesn't demands for maths as compulsion, but on the other hand some others do.

So go for the college you want, you can have a list of colleges if you want.
17th May 2010, 09:17 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hi friend.
IIT's admission is through IIT-JAM which is conducted by IIT's itself every year for admission to its other master degree. also depends on which course you want to apply for.if you want to do MBA then you must have a maths background.if you want to do MCA then also maths background is required.
18th May 2010, 09:45 PM
phuchi

not every post graduate courses demand maths
you can go for MBA
which is the most demanding course
all the best
20th May 2010, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

helllloooooo
i m doing B.C.A. from a reputed college nd frm commerce stream in 12th but didn't hav maths.... so may i know dat m i eligible to do M.C.A. frm a reputed collg of India......
plz help me....
22nd May 2010, 03:33 PM
keshav keerthi

i am keshav keerthi . i have actually taken commerce with comp.sci. in my 12th . but for bca or b com general they r asking for mathematics as my subject . but i want to do bca . what is the best graduation i can do ? and then what can i do as a post graduation ?? pls help me
24th May 2010, 05:46 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Any candidate who has Mathematics (Pure) as one of the main subject in +2 are eligible for persuing MCA.

Candidates those who have Business Maths, Economic etc are not eligible for MCA, only pure Maths is allowed.

Quote:
i am keshav keerthi . i have actually taken commerce with comp.sci. in my 12th . but for bca or b com general they r asking for mathematics as my subject . but i want to do bca . what is the best graduation i can do ? and then what can i do as a post graduation ?? pls help me
Yeah you have selected wrong combination for your +2. Computer Science (CS) are generally opted by students of Science stream. And students of Commerce stream select Computer Application.

So, here you have done a big mistake. If you have'nt opted for Maths then okay, but had opted for Computer Application at least so that you can allowed for BCA or B.Com (Computer Application).

But still you can opt for B.Com (General)/B.com (Economics) if you have studied Economics as one of your main subject in +2. And why the college is not allowing you B.com I am unable to understand.

I have never seen, that student who had studied with commerce stream in +2 can't get B.com. You can switch to another college.

Best of Luck
29th May 2010, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

can we do bca after 2 ? what are the criteria?
31st May 2010, 09:56 PM
bholag

dear friend,
yes,post graduate courses after doing BCA require mathematics at 10+2 level.
according to me some of the college donot demand for maths at 10+2 level
but if go for doing MBA,MCA they demand maths at 12th level
4th June 2010, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Hello,sir
I have passed 12th with 55% in commerce field & i wanted to do b.c.a but i have some confusion that can i do m.c.a after b.c.a ? Can i have some suggestions plzz ...
Thanking You,
yours faithfully
Raj bakrania.
12th July 2010, 05:08 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes mathematics are required ,if you want to do MCA after completing the BCA.

It is one of the major criteria or you can say the eligibility for taking admission in MCA,

But for the other few courses it may or may not be required.
12th July 2010, 05:18 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes mathematics are required ,if you want to do MCA after completing the BCA.

It is one of the major criteria or you can say the eligibility for taking admission in MCA,

But for the other few courses it may or may not be required.
20th July 2010, 09:49 AM
NEERAJ CHOUDHARY

Can i am eligible for m.sc in maths, if i had completed bca with two years maths papers
1st August 2010, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

supriti

hi sir or mam
i need ur haelp sir...actully maira BCA cmplt ho gaya hai..nd maine bca ptu se kia thi..nd 10 2 mai idnt have maths nd mai humanities side se thi..bt mera bca karnai mai intrst tha thts y maine bca kia tha..so tll me k mai konsa course karu jo mere lia btr ho..nd frm whch clg nd university..nd bca mai merai each sem mai 60 nd above prcntg rai hai...to pls suggest me as soon as possible k mai kya karo..mba(it)is btr or nt tll me plsss
5th August 2010, 08:56 PM

Red face Re: Do post graduate courses after doing BCA require mathematics at 10 2 level?

supriti

hi sir or mam
i need ur haelp sir...actully maira BCA cmplt ho gaya hai..nd maine bca ptu se kia thi..nd 10 2 mai idnt have maths nd mai humanities side se thi..bt mera bca karnai mai intrst tha thts y maine bca kia tha..so tll me k mai konsa course karu jo mere lia btr ho..nd frm whch clg nd university..nd bca mai merai each sem mai 60 nd above prcntg rai hai...to pls suggest me as soon as possible k mai kya karo..mba(it)is btr or nt tll me plsss[/QUOTE]
14th February 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

after b.c.a. (p.u.) can a student applied for m.sc. in maths
28th April 2011, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bca can i do journalism it's possible how?
29th April 2011, 03:51 AM
babydoll

Hello,
After completion of BCA you can go for MCA, MBA, MS. Almost every university demands for maths for MCA courses.So if you interested to do MCA you must have maths in BCA.
If you opt for MBA or MS you didn't need mathematics. You just have to apply for MBA entrance test that is CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT, OPENMAT etc.
So as per your choice you can't go for MCA. But some few universities provides admission without having maths. But there are no authorization for these universities.
So better to go for the MBA courses as it fulfill your qualification.
29th April 2011, 09:27 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi,
marine engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the engineering aspects of sea vessels.
today it is one of the most lucarative job.marine engineers earn upto 3lakhs/month some experince of about 5-7 years.
thanks
29th April 2011, 10:14 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think many colleges demand Maths but some not...so you need to find that good college which does not demand Maths for doing MCA or MBA...........
29th April 2011, 04:58 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

today it is one of the most lucarative job.marine engineers earn up to 3lakhs/month some experince of about 5-7 years.
30th April 2011, 12:47 AM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Hi dear,
You can persue you MCA from following institute for better career prospect:-

IIT's: admission is through IIT-JAM (mca) which is conducted by IIT's itself every year for admission to its other master degree programs as well as MCA.

NIT's: admission is through NIMCET,which is conducted by NIT's itself every year for admission to its MCA progams.

Anna university: admission is through TANCET which is conducted by uniersity on the behalf of Tamil nadu government admission to its master dergee programs,score of TANCET are also accepted my many institutes.

University of pune: conducts its own entrance for it.
Osmania university: conducts its own entrance for it.

Thanks
29th May 2011, 07:12 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?