21st April 2014, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I write JEE Advance next year?

My name is Surendra. Last year i filled up jee mains form with 12th but accidently i couldn't write jee mains exam and borads exam too...now this year i'm appearing 12th exam and jee mains also...bt i want to drop again in next year for jee advanced..so can i write jee advance next year..??

26th October 2014, 12:21 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write JEE Advance next year?

You will be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination only two times, once when you are appearing for 12th standard and once after completion of your 12th standard. If you appear for 12th standard this year, you will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced this year and as well as next year also. Maximum number of attempts for JEE Main examination is two times and the maximum number of attempts for JEE Advanced examination is three times and to be eligible to appear for JEE Advance examination, you must qualify and you must be in the top 1,50,000 rank of the JEE Main examination. So, if you appear for 12th standard this year, then, you are eligible to appear for JEE Advance examination this year and next year also i.e., in two consecutive years.
8th September 2015, 11:42 AM
Ronie0309

Default Re: Can I write JEE Advance next year?

As per the rules of IIT,you can give the JEE exam only twice no matter what the reason.
As you filled up the form for JEE last year thus it makes you ineligible for next year's JEE exam.
Whether or not you give the exam your attempt is counted if you have registered for the exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?