21st April 2014, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Which is better Accenture or Infosys for non IT background freshers?

Hi,

I have already started training in Accenture for abt a month now ( 2nd Jan), but i have a joining from Infosys too. I am from Electrical background. Should i continue with Accenture or join Infosys?
Also in Accentur i have been alloted Oracle PL/SQl stream is it a good stream?

4th May 2014, 01:58 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Which is better Accenture or Infosys for non IT background freshers?

Oracle PL/SQL again comes under IT background since it deals with DBMS (Database Management Systems) and it's a good stream ofcourse since Database is something which will be there in IT forever but now if you feel that you don't want to be in IT based work then probably trying out Infosys seems to be a good option but again you don't know where they will put you in when you join there which means it's possible that you can get a project which is again IT based.

Now there is one thing which you need to be clear on, be it Accenture or Infosys both companies are not core for Electrical but core for Information Technology so there is no way you can say "NO" when they put in your projects which is of IT background. You need to start working on it, the reason of these IT giants to take a mix of Graduates as freshers rather taking only Computer Science/IT background is that anyone who is good at LEARNING will learn the project and do it accordingly and that's the mindset which you should have as well.

You need to start LEARNING things which are needed for the project even when you 0% knowledge about it and start working on it. If you feel that it's not working out and you need to be only with core (Electrical) then it's better to look for the jobs which are based on it and do the shift as soon as possible so that you will have your career in that itself cause once you start with IT for 1-2 years then there is no turning back you need to be there forever.

So, first think about that first and make yourself clear. Now about Accenture vs Infosys both should do good to you. Infosys will be much more difficult at initial stages as there will be training and assessments going on for starting months where you need to do well and then they will put in projects but in Accenture you got the project stream already where you can start the work right away. If you have your college seniors working in Accenture and Infosys then just check with them of how the work-life balance and other factors in the company and take a decision which you think will be good for you.

Keep in mind of being in the IT background that once you are in you are there forever. So, take the correct decision which is of your interest as taking risk now will not be a big problem than thinking 10 years later of how you would have changed your career or so in the beginning itself.

4th June 2016, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is better Accenture or Infosys for non IT background freshers?

Which is better non voice process. Accenture or infosys? As a fresher

26th August 2016, 12:02 AM
HERE2HELP
Member+

Default Re: Which is better Accenture or Infosys for non IT background freshers?

It completely depends on the job profile you will be given. And for both of these companies they will provide training for few months. So you will get to know what you will be doing. Don't get afraid because of you are not from IT background. you will be used to IT sector.
Both of these are exceptionally good company, in terms of job security and job profile. But yes you should know few things as you are going to be part of IT. Please have a look at these below :

> Languages :
C,C++,JAVA,PL/SQL

>Subject :
OS,Networking,DBMS

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?