23rd April 2014, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get some research internship in IIT's?

I'm a student of 3rd year, Mechanical Engineering Dept at NIT Durgapur with cgpa 6.73. I do have a publication at IJSC,Elsevier.
Is it possible to get some research internship in IIT's?
Please give me some advice how to get an good internship in IIT or IISc..thanks

4th May 2014, 07:46 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get some research internship in IIT's?

Yes, it is definitely possible to get research internship in IITs for outsiders who are not part of IITs. Every year various IITs open up various research opportunities which can be availed by the students. However, the seats are limited and potential candidates are only sorted out for the internship.

Although being a part of IIT is beneficial in getting such internship yet you can also get internship opportunity since you have the NIT tag with you which is next to IIT. There are various criteria of selection among which the academic performance till date is one. CGPA of 6.73 is not a good one but a publication at IJSC, Elsevier will definitely prove fruitful for you and you can definitely get the opportunity.

Search the various IIT's official websites for research internships or contact them personally. Apply and hope for the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?