21st May 2014, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility, scholarship, Visa procedure and exam details about PhD in Biotechnology from USA?

Sir, I completed M.Sc. Bioteh with 65% marks and I belongs to a middle class family. I want to do PhD in Biotech from USA so what is the eligibility criteria, schloarship, VISA procedure , Exam details , and best institutes for PhD biotech in USA? what will be the cost of doing this course in USA.?

24th May 2014, 10:36 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility, scholarship, Visa procedure and exam details about PhD in Biotechnology from USA?

It is nice to see that inspite of your financial instability you have not given up your desire of studying further. If you have the will, there is always a way so you can definitely study Phd in Biotechnology abroad especially from USA. Most of the US universities take admission on the basis of marks in the entrance exams - GRE and TOEFL. So you need to appear for these exams and score very good marks to ensure the top universities as well as scholarship from the university. Scholarship is given by the universities to students who have outstanding performance in the field of academics or other field of talent.

After qualifying in the exams, you need to choose 5 universities to apply as per your score. On getting selected you need to choose one among them. Then you need to apply for student visa at the US consulate. You need to clear the VISA interview at the US consulate and also show the financial condition to pursue the course. The cost depends on the credit hours you take for the course. If it is 3 credit hour course, then it will be around 9000$ in the top universities. You can also work in the universities to facilitate your income by being assistant professors.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?