27th May 2010, 01:06 AM
Anand Deshmane

What is Aviation? What all sectors come under Aviation? Qualification required to join Aviation?

I am 12th passed out can you tell me what is Aviation all about!! I mean what is exactly!! what all are sectors in it?? what are the qualification required? which all are the colleges in mumbai!! n even if am not getting qualified to all those qualifications then what should I do??

23rd June 2010, 03:26 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Aviation? What all sectors come under Aviation? Qualification required to join Aviation?

aviation is the design,development,production of and use of aircraft.civil and military aviation come under this .a student must pass with 50% marks with science stream in his 12th class and pass the exam (JEE).IIT powai,mumbai is one of such college.if you are not qualified than go for either civil or mechanical engineering.
23rd June 2010, 04:05 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Aviation? What all sectors come under Aviation? Qualification required to join Aviation?

Hello friend,
Aviation is the science and operation of flying airplanes, helicopters, gliders etc.
Aviation can be categorised into three classes
1.Military Aviation- includes all form of flying by armed forces
2.Commercial Aviation- includes scheduled and charter airlines
3.General Aviation- includes crop dusting by air, flying for sports,private
flying etc.

The Job profile in aviation are as follows:

Pilot
Flight Attendent
Airline representative
Customer service agent
Air traffic controller
Aircraft maintainence engineer
Operation executive
Air hostess
Cabin Crew
etc.

The minimum qualification to join avaiation is 10+2 with required stream.

The various institute offering courses in aviation are as follows

Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Delhi
Bharat Institute of Aeronautics, Patna
Indian Institute of Aeronautics Science, Jamshedpur
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science, Kolkata
Avalon Aviation Academy, Aptech House
Airline Training Academy (ATA) Mumbai
Flytech Aviation Academy (FAA) Delhi/NCR
Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
Air Hostess Academy(AHA)
Hindustan Aerospace & Engineering. Pune
India International Trade Center (IITC) Pune
Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics [ IGIA ] Jaipur

Please visit the official websites of the institutes for further information.
23rd June 2010, 12:21 PM
Amritansu subh

Aviation is the design, development, production, operation, and use of aircraft, especially heavier-than-air aircraft.

SECTORS OF Civil aviation
Civil aviation includes all non-military flying, both general aviation and scheduled air transport.
[edit]Air transport
Main article: Airline

Northwest Airlines Airbus A330-300
There are five major manufacturers of civil transport aircraft (in alphabetical order):
Airbus, based in Europe
Boeing, based in the United States
Bombardier, based in Canada
Embraer, based in Brazil
United Aircraft Corporation, based in Russia
Boeing, Airbus, Ilyushin and Tupolev concentrate on wide-body and narrow-body jet airliners, while Bombardier, Embraer and Sukhoi concentrate on regional airliners. Large networks of specialized parts suppliers from around the world support these manufacturers, who sometimes provide only the initial design and final assembly in their own plants. The Chinese ACAC consortium will also soon enter the civil transport market with its ACAC ARJ21 regional jet.[7]
Until the 1970s, most major airlines were flag carriers, sponsored by their governments and heavily protected from competition. Since then, open skies agreements have resulted in increased competition and choice for consumers, coupled with falling prices for airlines. The combination of high fuel prices, low fares, high salaries, and crises such as the September 11, 2001 attacks and the SARS epidemic have driven many older airlines to government-bailouts, bankruptcy or mergers. At the same time, low-cost carriers such as Ryanair, Southwest and Westjet have flourished

General aviation
Main article: General aviation

1947 Cessna 120

A weight-shift ultralight aircraft, the Air Creation Tanarg
General aviation includes all non-scheduled civil flying, both private and commercial. General aviation may include business flights, air charter, private aviation, flight training, ballooning, parachuting, gliding, hang gliding, aerial photography, foot-launched powered hang gliders, air ambulance, crop dusting, charter flights, traffic reporting, police air patrols and forest fire fighting.
Each country regulates aviation differently, but general aviation usually falls under different regulations depending on whether it is private or commercial and on the type of equipment involved.
Many small aircraft manufacturers, including Cessna, Piper, Diamond, Mooney, Cirrus Design, Raytheon and others serve the general aviation market, with a focus on private aviation and flight training.
The most important recent developments for small aircraft (which form the bulk of the GA fleet) have been the introduction of advanced avionics (including GPS) that were formerly found only in large airliners, and the introduction of composite materials to make small aircraft lighter and faster. Ultralight and homebuilt aircraft have also become increasingly popular for recreational use, since in most countries that allow private aviation, they are much less expensive and less heavily regulated than certified aircraft

Military aviation

Main article: Aerial warfare
Simple balloons were used as surveillance aircraft as early as the 18th century. Over the years, military aircraft have been built to meet ever increasing capability requirements. Manufacturers of military aircraft compete for contracts to supply their government's arsenal. Aircraft are selected based on factors like cost, performance, and the speed of production.

Air Traffic Control (ATC)

Main article: Air traffic control

Air traffic control towers at Schiphol Airport, the Netherlands
Air traffic control (ATC) involves communication with aircraft to help maintain separation — that is, they ensure that aircraft are sufficiently far enough apart horizontally or vertically for no risk of collision. Controllers may co-ordinate position reports provided by pilots, or in high traffic areas (such as the United States) they may use radar to see aircraft positions.
There are generally four different types of ATC:
center controllers, who control aircraft en route between airports
control towers (including tower, ground control, clearance delivery, and other services), which control aircraft within a small distance (typically 10–15 km horizontal, and 1,000 m vertical) of an airport.
oceanic controllers, who control aircraft over international waters between continents, generally without radar service.
terminal controllers, who control aircraft in a wider area (typically 50–80 km) around busy airports.
ATC is especially important for aircraft flying under Instrument flight rules (IFR), where they may be in weather conditions that do not allow the pilots to see other aircraft. However, in very high-traffic areas, especially near major airports, aircraft flying under Visual flight rules (VFR) are also required to follow instructions from ATC.
In addition to separation from other aircraft, ATC may provide weather advisories, terrain separation, navigation assistance, and other services to pilots, depending on their workload.
ATC do not control all flights. The majority of VFR flights in North America are not required to talk to ATC (unless they are passing through a busy terminal area or using a major airport), and in many areas, such as northern Canada and low altitude in northern Scotland, ATC services are not available even for IFR flights at lower altitudes.

Following are the list of AVIATION colleges in mumbai
Mumbai Flying Club, Juhu Aerodrome, Santa Cruz West, Mumbai
American Flyers (India) Pvt.Ltd, 37, Virwani Industrial Estate, Western Express Highway, Goregaon, Mumbai 400063
American Flyers (India) Pvt.Ltd, 37, Virwani Industrial Estate, Western Express Highway, Goregaon, Mumbai 400063
23rd June 2010, 04:23 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

hello friend,
Aviation is the design, development, production, operation, and use of aircraft, especially heavier-than-air aircraft.
it is a heavily funded industry which provides great career opportunities in india as well as abroad in industries such as HAL , MRO , etc.

Heavy pay packets are awaiting pilots with a commercial pilot license (CPL). Even an amateur pilot can start his career with a salary of Rs 2.5-3 lakh a month with a commercial airline. With the sudden increase in the number of airlines, pilots are in great demand.

the various sectors available for those who want to join aviation industry are :

-Commercial pilot's licence

-Private pilot's licence

-Cabin crew/ In flight services

-Diploma in aviation management

-Certificate cource in aviation

-Aircraft maintenance engineering

-Aeronautical Engineering

as you have passed +2 , so you are eligible for all of them but you need a min. of 50% marks and your stream must be PCM for all of the above courses offered.

there are some very good institutes for the same in mumbai including indian aviation academy , andheri (w) , and frankfinn institute .

it's a great industry , so if you interested in it than have it since it has great opportunities in government as well as private sector .

for more details visit http://www.aviationacademy.com and http://www.frankfinn.com

best of luck!!
23rd June 2010, 04:45 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai, I am now here to tell about AVIATION. It is the design, development and operation of aircraft especially HEAVIER THAN AIRCRAFT. It contains a whole study about aircrafts and its machinery. We have seen the BOOMERANG, BALOONS and KITES.These are all a part of aviation which is the study about flying things. Sir GEORGE KAYELY first put an idea about the fying wings in aeroplane. Later WRIGHT BROTHERS designed the first aircraft.
There are a lot of colleges offering this aviation course.It requires a plus two pass with just 60% average in physics,chemistry and maths in total.One of the best colleges is RAJADHANI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
I think you got a quick idea from my words.
OK. bye
23rd June 2010, 06:45 PM
drdo99
Banned

aviations means all the part and parcel of the booming air transport sectors and its corresponding sections of hospitality.
tilak maharastra ,mumbai university are some the accreditating colleges.
23rd June 2010, 07:51 PM
siddharthkathuria

Wink Re: What is Aviation? What all sectors come under Aviation? Qualification required to join Aviation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Deshmane View Post
I am 12th passed out can you tell me what is Aviation all about!! I mean what is exactly!! what all are sectors in it?? what are the qualification required? which all are the colleges in mumbai!! n even if am not getting qualified to all those qualifications then what should I do??
aviation is design,manufacture,production,maintainance of aircrafts esp. heavior ones

everything related to air planes come under this like maintainance,manufacturing,production etc.

one can be aeronautical engineer and have a glorious carreer in this stream

all the best
23rd June 2010, 08:01 PM
jicks

Aviation is art or science of flying.
Aviation/Aeronautical engineering is the study of design, construction, and mechanism of aircraft and other flying objects.
Avionics is another field of engineering which deals with the science and technology of electronic devices used in aircraft.

Basically it is the field related to study of art of flying.

ISRO, IIST are the major sectors dealing with aeronautic science

Eligibility: Pass in +2 with 55% marks or pass in 10th, and diploma in engineering

Admission is done through Joint Entrance Exam score

In Maharashtra, IIT,Mumbai and Indian Institute of Aeronautic Engg. & Information Technology, Pune are the Institutes offering Aero.Engg.
27th June 2010, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my btech in electronics n communicatin... i m deeply interested in aviation. can u tell me any short term (12-18 months) courses i can do so as to enter into aviation????
30th June 2010, 09:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

What is Aviation -

Aviation is a term used for flying a plane So, the art of operating aircraft is known as
Aviation.

Eligiblity to join Aviation -

After completing 12th with PCM atleast 50% of marks, you are eligible to join aviation.

Best colleges of Aviation courses -

Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science, Kolkata.
1st July 2010, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my bsc biotechnology.i got 60%. im deeply intrested in mba aviation. can u tell me there are any colleges in coimbattore for mba aviation
7th July 2010, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: What is Aviation? What all sectors come under Aviation? Qualification required to join Aviation?

Hey,
If you keen on joining the Aviation sector try for Frankfinn they train you for everything from flight attendants to ground staff and even helps in communication skills with its dedicated program. Frankfinn Institute is the largest in India with over 100 centers!
15th August 2010, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to join for mba aviation so can please tell about the qualification i needed? sir now am doing my b.com final year. sir is this course needed any entrance examination? i look forward to hearing u.......

by sruthy
4th December 2010, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

sir..now i'm studying 2nd yr english(administrative assistant)vocational in eklm.i gt 83% in 2(humanities/computer stream).i want to join m.b.a.aviation after ds degree.is ds possible to me?i'm very interested in ds.wat r the subjects included n this?can u tell me is there any colgs in eklm/banglore for ds,positions ,salry n different positions?can i study ds after my degree?i look forward to hearing u.....

by mabymaria
4th December 2010, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

sir..now i'm studying 2nd yr english(administrative assistant)vocational in eklm.i gt 83% in 2(humanities/computer stream).i want to join m.b.a.aviation after ds degree.is ds possible to me?i'm very interested in ds.wat r the subjects included n this?can u tell me is there any colgs in eklm/banglore for ds,positions ,salry n different positions?can i study ds after my degree?i look forward to hearing u.....

by mabymaria
4th December 2010, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

by mabymaria
11th December 2010, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Which are the top Bsc.Aviation colleges in India?
13th December 2010, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

please tell in which month the aviation applictions are comed out for joining
13th December 2010, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am from India. I am a graduate in B.Sc (Bio-tech) and now i am looking forward to do MBA in aviation.But is a person with B.Sc(Bio-tech) background eligible for this course or is it only for people with B.Sc background?
Please help me on this as it is a very crucial stage of my career.
Thanking you,
M.Gnanaprakash
18th December 2010, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

what is the basic salary of a graduate with 0 experience in the private airlines sector.Where are the placements agencies in jaipur for the recruitment in the private airlines sector
30th March 2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

I'm in class 11 (waiting for ICSE board result)... I want to make my career in aviation industry as a great engineer... My aprox. PCM average is around 85%. Should i opt for diploma in DIAS or complete my 10 2 & join for degree...??????
11th June 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student with maths and i like to make my carrier in aviation sector ..........................which course is best to enter in a aviation sector and get good salery and settle my carrer............and can i do a.m.e or b.sc degree in aviation ........................i want to do a job in foreign country with good salary so tel me which aviation sector is gud 4 me
5th July 2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

WHICH JOBS IN AVIATION CAN BE DONE AFTER 12TH IN ARTS STREAMT
29th July 2011, 09:48 PM
kunjeyan5282

What is Aviation -

Aviation is a term used for flying a plane So, the art of operating aircraft and management is known as
Aviation.

Eligiblity to join Aviation -

After completing 12th with PCM atleast 50% of marks, you are eligible to join aviation.

Best colleges of Aviation courses -

Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science, Kolkata
8th October 2011, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

what is aviation ?
12th October 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th passed with 55% should i do mba in avaition?
1st November 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

accurately I want know what is the channel to get admission in iias kolkata in U G course in 2012
5th November 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

government jobs open for air hostess for the month of december 2011 til 2012
7th January 2012, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i am s.y.b.com stud.i want future career in aviation.what should i do?
11th February 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

completing my B.tech in elec. & telecomm ... want to pursue ahead in aviation...anyways for getting into it..??
21st February 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a sci sud i hav taken up bio. i dont hav math.. i am interstd in aviation.. i am planing to take up bba-aviation.. am i eligible or not???
23rd February 2012, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Im doi aeronautical engineering.. I dont have an idea wat to do next
29th February 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my BE in electronics n communication engineering i m deeply interested in aviation.can u tell wat is the difference between the 12 candidate applying for mba in avigation and for me.....both are same or different....
27th April 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

isn't there any aviation college in which i can take admission on the basis of the 10th marks?
22nd June 2012, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

am doing b.com ,wht studies suitable for me in aviation
19th May 2013, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

now i compleated 2(commerce) with 72%. so can i apply for aviation..?
5th June 2013, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

i hav completd my 2 wid 55% science..can u plz let me noe wat r d job prospects of Bsc in aviation....n plz let me noe d colleges offering d course at or nearby bangalore..i hav a weekof tym 2 think so pls make it soon ................orels am evn intrstd in doin aeronautical engineering...plz giv me a bettr way fo a gud future
30th August 2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my 11 commerce and i want to be aircraft maintainance enginner or air traffic controller which sub i should concentrate more
5th June 2015, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th commerce and i want to cum under avaition wat should i do please suggest? and wat r the courses eligible in avaition through commerce styream]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?