5th June 2014, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?

Sir i have done M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry and i want to do phd in pharmacy,but i could not search any exam in which i am eligible for phd in pharmacy.in NIPER they require NET certificate but in CSIR UGC NET no paper is for pharmacy ,so for CSIR UGC NET I have to prepare for Chemical Sciences,but I had read only organic in my M.Sc......also i searched that i can not get phd in pharmacy due to my M.Sc.and only i can do phd. in chemistry....so this is my problem.kindly tell me any exam in india in which i my M.SC.Pharmaceutical Chemistry is eligible to give entrance for phd. in Pharmacy...i am very much in trouble about my phd...plz reply soon............

7th May 2017, 11:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?

For Ph.D in Pharmacy, you need to have M.Pharma in any pharmaceutical science branch. M.Sc degree in pharmaceutical chemistry can help you to go for Ph.D in pharmaceutical chemistry only.

Hence, according to eligibility criteria, you will not be eligible for admission in such programme. You can crack NET/GATE/SET in your preferred subject and then apply for Ph.D admission in the same subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?