9th June 2014, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for 3rd attempt in JEE Mains?

Hi,
I have passed 12th class in 2013 with 57% in jharkhand board.I gave improvement and got 70% marks but I could not secure a good rank in jee mains I am going for 3rd attempt in jee mains. Should I go for this?
Please answer.

11th March 2015, 10:57 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for 3rd attempt in JEE Mains?

To sit for JEE Main examination or not totally depends upon one's own self and the marks secured in previous attempts.

As, you have not mentioned your rank in previous 2 attempts, therefore it would not be appropriate to comment anything regarding it.

However, it is advisable that if you are getting admission in a good College in the current year then should not waste one more year in preparation of JEE Main exam.

And as it is this will be your 3rd and final attempt if you wish to go for it as only 3 attempts are allowed for JEE Main examination to the maximum, so if you haven't scored well enough in your previous 2 attempts, then most probably you should go for it and try to score well this time as you won't get any more attempts.
6th April 2015, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

I apeared for jee mains 2015 and 2014 but i cannot qualify it
Can i join college in my local city and also prepare for jee main 2016
I got 64.9 in 12th.
Can u guide me please
I havve strong aim for nit.
7th April 2015, 06:57 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

No, you are not eligible to attempt 3rd times IIT- JEE Mains exam.
Their are only two chance for 12th science with PCM students.

As you all ready attempt 2 times JEE Mains exam and not score good rank, it will be time and money wasting if you apply for JEE Mains as 3rd attempt.
10th April 2015, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I have not having a good performance in jee main 2015..
but I have chance to go in bits..
should I drop 1 year or take bits seriously
13th April 2015, 06:43 PM
kunalroy89

It would be advisable not to waste 1year if you are getting chance of admission in a good University.
But if you think your preparation levels are good enough to help you getting a good rank then you can try.
Apparently this would be your last attempt.And if you attempt this year,then use your full might for it.
Wasting years after 12th creates problems in getting good job in private sector after B.Tech as almost all IT firms sets year gap as a standard criteria for thier jobs during placement.
15th April 2015, 07:41 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

According to me,You should not waste your time after 2 attempts in JEE Mains.You should not apply for the third Attempt.It is possible to do take the last and the third attempt if you believe on yourself that i will definitely crack this Exam this time and also get the top 10 rank in India.But if you don't believe on yourself and you are not prepare for this Exam then it would be wastage of time only.
If you secured the good marks in the last attempt you can join any reputed private college or any state government college.You should do study here with your full efforts and i believe that you will definitely go on your way where you want to go in your life.You will definitely get your goals if you really want to get and no one can snatch your goals from yourself.
16th April 2015, 12:45 AM
nayand1234

A candidate only gets 2 chances to give the IIT JEE exams.
As you have already used up both of your chances thus you cannot give the entrance exam again.

But if you want to get into IIT,your only chance now is to complete your engineering and give the GATE exam which is the entrance exam for admission to postgraduate courses in IIT.
16th April 2015, 12:57 AM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, there is a maximum limit for the number of attempts for a candidate willing to appear in the JEE.

The maximum number of attempts is 3 on 3 consecutive years including the 12th appearing year.

You first have to clear all the subjects of 12th successfully then only you will be eligible to get the admission through JEE.
22nd May 2015, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir my economic condition is not well in 1and 2attempt i do not perform well but i am fully confident for 3attempt my father cant afford money for b.tech but i want to do b.tech so at last i have only 1choice that is third attempt due to my bad marks in 1 and 2 attempt i cannot face mummy and my father now please tell me what should i do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?