12th June 2014, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Whether a Commerce with Maths candidate is eligible to pursue Ph.D in Maths?

hello
i have just passed class 10th..with 9.2 CGPA .i have choosen commerce with maths in class 11th. now my aim is i want to become a PHD in maths.is it possible?if yes,what is its process?what is its duration ?if no, what are other options?

8th May 2016, 11:54 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a Commerce with Maths candidate is eligible to pursue Ph.D in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
i have just passed class 10th..with 9.2 CGPA .i have choosen commerce with maths in class 11th. now my aim is i want to become a PHD in maths.is it possible?if yes,what is its process?what is its duration ?if no, what are other options?
Sorry, it is not possible to study PhD without M.Sc in Mathematics with 55% marks. Eligibility Criteria for admission to PhD in Mathematics course is a Master Degree course with Mathematics as a main subject, preferably an M.Sc. degree in Mathematics or Physical Sciences. Those who completed their B.Tech/B.E can also apply. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission. The course is available in various universities in India. You should have passion in Mathematics to do research in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?