16th June 2014, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?

hello
do i eligible for ies i am purciding btech ece
and what kind of job when i shall compleated ies?????
please tell me as soon as possible
thank you in advance

27th June 2014, 11:02 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
do i eligible for ies i am purciding btech ece
and what kind of job when i shall compleated ies?????
please tell me as soon as possible
thank you in advance

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services and this exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year for candidates to join in various Engineering organizations.

To apply for this exam you need to satisfy the eligibility conditions which is framed for the exam and they may include such as:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Education qualification

~ The Nationality standard needed for the IES Exam states that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India

~ The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 21-30 years of age and this is for General category candidates and there are certain upper age relaxation which is allowed for other category candidates and they are for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

~ Education qualification needed for the IES Exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree in departments such as Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering.

As you have mentioned that you have pursuing your Degree in ECE stream you are ineligible as per the Education qualification which is needed for the IES Exam as stated above.

If you have any doubts you could refer at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?