21st June 2014, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Which board is more better CBSE or GBSE for pursuing MBBS?

I passed my 10th std in cbse board with 9.6 cgpa in Gujarat now further I want to do M.B.B.S so which board gets more preffernce for admission? should I now switchover to gseb board?

Related Questions:
  1. Which board would be better for me CBSE or HP Board for pursuing MBBS? How to become Doctor after clearing all the exams?
  2. GSEB or CBSE for admission in engineering?
  3. Reservation for seats for CBSE students in Gujarat for Engineering?
  4. How to take admission in MBBS in Gujarat after passing 12th CBSE?
  5. Is it easy to get MBBS by studying in CBSE or State Board?
  6. Can I apply for CBSE scholarship while pursuing B.A(Hons) mass communication and Journalism after scoring 81.2% in 12th class CBSE board?
  7. Will I get admission in government MBBS college after scoring 74 in GUJCET and 94% in CBSE board exam
  8. Can a candidate with 85%(PCB) marks in 12th CBSE board, get direct admission in MBBS without UP-PMT entrance exam?
  9. How to prepare for MBBS? exam? I have completed my schraduationooling from CBSE board and have my completed my
  10. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  12. Admission in any Medial college for MBBS after compartment in 12th standard CBSE board?
  13. Which board I take in 12th to score 90% and above Haryana board or CBSE?
  14. Is there any provision for re-appearing for CBSE board in all the subjects?
  15. Pursuing engineering from Oxford and related universities after 12th CBSE?
  16. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  17. Which board to choose CBSE or State Board? Can I get better placement in CBSE than Sate Board?
  18. Date of availability of DCE Forms?
27th June 2014, 12:45 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board is more better CBSE or GBSE for pursuing MBBS?

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your success of getting a good CGPA in your 10th standard. It is nice to see that you have a definite aim in your life which is pursuing MBBS and becoming a doctor- one of the noblest profession in the world.

It is better to go for CBSE rather than GBSE in your 11th and 12th standard. This is because the syllabus of the main core subjects in CBSE are at par with the syllabus of most of the entrance exams. There is no compulsion of taking second language and english is easy. So better attention can be given to the core subjects. Since MBBS admission is done on the basis of entrance exams so it is better to go for CBSE curriculum.
12th July 2014, 01:31 AM
Priyanka( Your advisor )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed my 10th std in cbse board with 9.6 cgpa in Gujarat now further I want to do M.B.B.S so which board gets more preffernce for admission? should I now switchover to gseb board?
Firstly to pursue MBBS, Your need to qualify the entrance tests for respective colleges and universities. Since this year's AIPMT was conducted by CBSE and it was based on NCERT Curriculum, so you should go for CBSE BOARD as it is easier to sore in 12th CBSE BOARDS.Also the eligibility for MBBS in almost all medical colleges is 60-70% marks in class 12th with biology and English as compulsory subjects in class 12th along with qualifying the entrance test (minimum 50% marks required for getting a rank in entrance test)
8th April 2015, 05:51 PM
amanshrivastava98

You should not think of the board but to concentrate on the marks only.

The admission in MBBS depends upon the marks acquired by the candidate in his studies and the performance given by him in the entrance test.

There is no such board which would help you in getting admission in MBBS, all boards are the same in this respect.
15th April 2015, 11:30 AM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Which board is more better CBSE or GBSE for pursuing MBBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will suggest you to go for CBSE board if you really want to prepare for the MBBS, Since in the CBSE board you will get more exposure to the outer environment because of the modulation of the subjects in the 11th as well as 12th class of the cbse board. But, if you find the GSEB more comfortable then you can go for GSEB also. After all it is your choice.
10th November 2019, 06:44 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

You have scored very good marks in your 10
If you want to pursue MBBS than you should select CBSE board because you will have to appear for national level entrance exam if you want a seat in medical college and the syllabus for the medical entrance is based on CBSE board
So it is better to select CBSE. Board as your concepts will be cristal clear
14th November 2019, 07:14 PM
EduXpert

CBSE is the first choice among students for schooling and it is mostly due to schools available all over India. They have got good academic record too in comparison to any state board in India. So, it will be better to go for CBSE.

There are some good schools affiliated to GBSE too but you need to take your decision based on your own observation. You need to look at the faculty and their previous record before admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?