28th June 2014, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MS from USA/UK after AMIE?

Dear Sir,
I'm planning to do an AMIE in Civil Engineering. Can I get admission in any reputed school of engineering in USA/UK for MS in Structural Design and Construction Management? As this course (AMIE) is not recognized by AICTE, I've some apprehension of not being considered eligible for PG courses in USA. Further I would like to know that whether or not any degree like AMIE which is recognized directly by the Govt. of India, the ministry of HRD, the UGC and unfortunately not by AICTE carries any value in the international arena? Please enlighten me on this very important issue.

15th April 2016, 10:39 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MS from USA/UK after AMIE?

Yes, you are eligible to do MS after completion of your Civil Engineering from AMIE.

As AMIE is recognised by Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD, UGC, you can get admission in Abroad for pursuing your higher studies.
30th December 2016, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my AMIE in Textiles on 2014. I want to do my masters in Germany. I am 34 years old. But i want to do my masters. Is AMIE accepted in germany?
25th July 2018, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

I don't know about USA, But certainly IEI degree should be accepted in UK because IEI is a professional center for engineering studies established by the erstwhile British raj. Moreover the admission also depends upon your work experience, your English proficiency, and your score in entrance exam.
17th January 2019, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Yes, You are. However, it is dependent on the university. I did my MS from University of Michigan. I joined there 2016 Fall and completed my masters in December 2017. They took almost two months to verify my AMIE degree and finally accepted my application.
15th February 2020, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

Can i know your mobile no. To get in touch in with you?
I need some guidance and moral support to get an admission something like you did in the past.
Thanks
Himanshu
3rd April 2021, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

You bet AMIE is recognized. I came to the USA in 1990 after completing AMIE in Electronics and Communication Engineering. I have also had my AMIE evaluated by the Western Educational Services (WES) which said that it is equivalent to a foreign engineering degree. I am not surprised that the AICTE will not recognize it. AMIE competes with AICTE so why would they recognize it? AMIE in way more tougher than the regular engineering curriculum in India and also since instruction is so hard to come by and the people who undertake it are usually working full time or part time it usually commands respect from Professors in engineering colleges. I remember in the 1989 after completing my Section-B I wanted to apply to an Electronics certificate course from Anna University, Guindy in Chennai. I went and talked to the Head of the Department and I asked him this very question as to whether they recognize AMIE and he actually told me that they have a very high regard for AMIE because the curriculum was tough and the exams are not easy to pass.
13th May 2021, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I wanna do AMIE in computer science and after that i want to do masters from Abroad. My question is, Am i eligible for masters in abroad after doing AMIE ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?