30th June 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

What should I fill up Indian or Nepali for admission in NIT if studied in India and having a citizenship of Nepal? Does the fee and admission procedure differ for Nepali student?

Hello sir,
I have done my schooling and completed my B.tech.(CIVIL eng) from India as an Indian citizen but now I have shifted to Nepal and I have Nepali passport and citizenship card. I have taken GATE exam and secured 489 score. I didn't apply for M.Tech. but I m intending to do this year from NIT. I have a query that whether I should fill Indian or Nepali in my nationality and If I fill Nepali then is it going to be any problem in my admission plus the fees, would it very high if I do so ?
Kindly edify me in this regard what should do.
Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I can Indian Citizenship if I am a Nepali?
  2. How to get admission in IIT and AIEEE if I am a Nepali student?
  3. Number of entrance exams held in a year in Indian Embassy in Nepal to get admission in engineering colleges of India for Nepali student
  4. Procedure to do M.Tech from IIT? Can Nepali students sit for GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can Nepali student take admission in medical college in India? I have completed 10th from Nepal and 12th from India
  6. Can I get admission in NIT in NRI quota?
  7. Can I appear for IIT Exam if I am a Nepali student? I have completed my class 10th from nepali board
  8. How can Nepali student take admission in India after 10th, 12th?
  9. Am I eligible for to take admission in IIT for M.Tech through Nepal Kota being a candidate of ab-origin?
  10. Are Nepali students eligible for net and jrf exam in India?
  11. Can I take admission in NIT Hamirpur being a candidate of Nepal?
  12. How can I get admission in Pune University in MCA? I am a Nepali Citizen
  13. How can I get admission in IIT under the scholarship scheme DASA? Is a Nepali student eligible?
  14. How to study MSc Physics in Indian University after completing BSc in Physics from TU Nepal
  15. Procedure to get into Indian Army for candidates of Nepal?
  16. How much does it cost to pursue M.Sc in Physics in top universities in India? What will be the fee structure for Ph.D in Chemistry? Will there be any scholarships available for Nepali candidates?
  17. Can I be eligible for Bank PO entrance exam?
  18. How to study in NIT college in India? I am a Nepali student
9th January 2015, 09:02 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I fill up Indian or Nepali for admission in NIT if studied in India and having a citizenship of Nepal? Does the fee and admission procedure differ for Nepali student?

At present you are a Nepali Citizen, so apply under Nepali student only otherwise things would become complicated.

Regarding fee, generally fee for SAARC countries is not high as for the European and US students in IIT/NIT. And you need not to worry about fee because for M.Tech courses is generally very low as compared to B.Tech courses.
For further clarification you may approach Post Graduate section in that particular NIT.
28th February 2017, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I fill up Indian or Nepali for admission in NIT if studied in India and having a citizenship of Nepal? Does the fee and admission procedure differ for Nepali student?

I am a Nepali and i have completed my MBA specialization in marketing in Nepal and want to join for phd in India with scholarship. so will that be possible through net jrf score or their is any other options?...what may be my options for university and entrance process?...will that be through synopsis presentation or entrance exam?......if it is through synopsis presentation than whom should i present?
17th June 2018, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

I am Indian but have studied up to 12 in Nepal .Now I want to study in NIT so what should I do now?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?