4th July 2014, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Public Service Commission exams after completing part time B.Tech programme?

Hello
I am currently doing Part time Btech from SRM college chennai..6th sem..
Will I be eligible for public service exams after
I finish my Btech. I ve done my diploma and
currently working with an MNC...
my age is 26 yrs..

Related Questions:
8th July 2014, 11:16 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Public Service Commission exams after completing part time B.Tech programme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am currently doing Part time Btech from SRM college chennai..6th sem..
Will I be eligible for public service exams after
I finish my Btech. I ve done my diploma and
currently working with an MNC...
my age is 26 yrs..

Yeah having completed B.Tech you will be eligible for applying for the Public Service Commission and UPSC conducts the Public Service exam which is for all over India.

There are various exams which are conducted for various posts in India and they may include such as:
  • Civil Service Examination
  • Indian Forest Service
  • Engineering Service Exam
  • Indian Economic & Statistical Service Exam
  • Geologist Exam
  • SCRA Exam
  • Combined Medical Service
  • CAPF exam
  • Combined Defence Service Exam
  • National Defence Academy Exam

These above mentioned exams includes separate eligibility criteria and they change according to the exam which you apply for as they have separate eligibility criteria's.And having completed b.Tech you might satisfy the education qualification for many of the exams,and there are certain other criteria's which are needed to be satisfied along with it namely such as Nationality,Education qualification and Martial status and Physical standards for some exams

Regards
~Jxsab~
21st July 2014, 10:33 AM
muana

Default Re: Can I apply for Public Service Commission exams after completing part time B.Tech programme?

Corrections if you are a btech fellow you will be eligible for
1 UPSCUPSC Civil services
2 Indian Forest Service
3 ssb /SSC exam
4 CDS//DA exam
5 Engineering Services Exam
6 Asst Commandant CAPF
7 coast guards asst commandant
This are the only ones you can apply for not the geology and economics, statistics and medical
For the uniformed services you will need to be unmarried more over 25 yrs is the age limit for the uniformed services for general category students
22nd July 2014, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I have complete my 12exams but not given exam. Of aieee. I want to do Btech so which. College. Is. BeSt
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?