20th July 2014, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

How to be an astronaut after passing 12th PCM?

sir i m student of 12 pcm and i want to b an astronaut what should i do?

28th August 2014, 11:19 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to be an astronaut after passing 12th PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i m student of 12 pcm and i want to b an astronaut what should i do?
It’s good that you are interested to become an astronaut. Applicants who are interested to become Astronauts need to have a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Engineering from a recognized university.

Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Engineering is an undergraduate course in Engineering having course duration of 3 years. The candidate must satisfy the below criteria in order to get admission for Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Engineering course.

B.E in Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Engineering Eligibility Criteria:-
  • The candidates who have completed their 12th standard in science stream are eligible to apply for the bachelor degree in Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Engineering course.
  • The marks required so as to obtain admission for this course is different for different colleges.
  • Applicants should have a minimum of 60% marks
  • Various colleges conduct entrance exams as well as interview to admit the eligible candidates for this course.
  • Applicants may also qualify in any one of the exams, JEE, BITSAT in order to get admission in reputed colleges.

How to apply: -
  • The applicant can collect the application form from the official website of the concerned University or institution.
  • Once the application form is collected, it must be filled correctly and submitted to the given address.
  • The applicant must submit the application form before the final date.

After successfully completing a Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering or Aviation Engineering course you can appear in the entrance exam which is conducted by NASA for the recruitment of Scientists, Astronauts etc. The important notification regarding employment in ISRO will be published in employment newspaper.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?