1st August 2014, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?

Dear sir, I have completed b.tech in chemical engineering. B.tech students are eligible for doing phd in mathematics at iisc. Now, if I do phd in mathematics ( but my ug is b.tech) am I eligible for assistant professor in mathematics as per ugc and aictc norms and as per tamilnadu government rules. Please clarify.

23rd November 2014, 10:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?

For government college Assistant professor job, you need to have NET score for getting the job. If you want to do job in private college, then you can surely apply for it without any NET score.

After completion of your Ph.D. you will be definitely eligible for a professor job in any college. But, it will be good for you to qualify exams like CSIR NET.

For CSIR NET, you must have at least 60% marks in your B.Tech Engineering from a AICTE approved college. If you are able to qualify CSIR NET, then you will be surely eligible for lecturer job in Government colleges.

For more information visit http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?