3rd August 2014, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope if I do PhD in Bioinformatics from India? Procedure and mark required for admission in Abroad? Can I get scholarship?

hiiiiii i am doing msc in bioinformatics.first of all i want to know about the future in this field,further what should i do? if i do phd in this subject from india is there is any scope?and if i want to go abroad then what is the procedure.how many marks i should be obtain to get scholarship for the us study? n if my graduation marks are less than my Msc, than what should i do?
I have done my graduation about 65% n Msc n 85% so my graduation marks makes effect on getting my scholarship or not?
please answer.........

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in Ph.D. in Biotechnology in foreign universities? How to get scholarship for the same?
  2. What is the scope of MSc Microbiology in India and Abroad? Is Ph.D required for that?
  3. Criteria other than GRE for PhD in USA with scholarship? PhD from Abroad is valid in India?
  4. How Can I Study abroad India with scholarship??
  5. What is the criteria and qualification required for doing M.Tech from abroad? Can I get scholarship for the course?
  6. Procedure to do PhD with scholarship?
  7. How Can I get fully funded scholarship?
  8. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Scholarship or financial aid to do PhD in Plant or Agriculture Biotechnology in Abroad?
  10. Scope of M.Sc in Renal science in India and Abroad?
  11. What kind of stipend can I expect from the universities offering Ph.D in Abroad? Procedure to take admission?
  12. Bio informatics - higher studies? Job opportunities? best colleges in Kerala?
  13. Colleges offering B.Sc in Geology in India? How to go Abroad then after to study PhD?
  14. Queries related to MCA Admission process in India and Abroad
  15. Names of the universities offering Ph.D in India and Abroad? What are the opportunities?
  16. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  17. Should I have to appear in NET, GATE or ICMR for the admission in Ph.D programme in India if completed PG in Bioinformatics having 2 years of work experience?
  18. Information about colleges offering B.Sc Geology in India? Scholarship or exams to study Ph.D in abroad?
11th July 2017, 04:51 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scope if I do PhD in Bioinformatics from India? Procedure and mark required for admission in Abroad? Can I get scholarship?

M.Sc bioinformatics has very good future scope in India. The job opportunities after M.Sc bioinformatics are as follows:
- Bioinformatics analyst & trainer
- Bio statistician
- Assistant professor
- Bio informatics associate
- Techno commercial executive
- Research associate
- Team leader

You can study Ph.d to get better options and you can even work as a scientist in molecular biology after completing Ph.d.
To study Ph.d in foreign countries you need apply for IELTS, TOEFL. Based on the country and university the score varies. The minimum score you need to get in IELTS is 5-6. For applying to this exams you need to have a passport and the minimum eligibility is the candidate should have completed their masters degree or equivalent degree with a fair percentage from any recognized university. So if you fulfill the eligibility you can apply, attend and qualify in the exam. Based on your score you need to select few colleges and if you are eligible for that colleges they'll send you the admission letter.
After getting admission letter you need to apply for visa and proceed for further studies in foreign countries.

The scholarship is based on the college you are applying. Some colleges will not provide scholarship so need to check the details of the college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?