20th August 2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

What additional course to do after B.E. Marine Engineering for career in Oil and Gas Industry? How to apply and what would be the starting designation?

I have finished B.E marine engineering , i want to continue my career in oil and gas industry as an engineer , should i do any additional course and what would be my desigination? how should i apply to become an engineer in oil rigs or oil and gas based industry?

Related Questions:
  1. How to make a better career in Oil and Gas sector?
  2. Which branch is better between Aeronautical and Petroleum?
  3. What is Petroleum Technology? Is it safe for females?
  4. What are the best courses in M.Tech for B.E Mechanical engineers
  5. Job in Oil and Gas Industry outside India having 10 months experience in Electrode Manufacturing Industry? -- [New]
  6. Eligibility criteria for IES exam? Which courses to do to improve my skills(Working in Oil and Gas Industry in Pipeline Division)?
  7. How can I join in Oil and Gas Industry job in Kuwait?
  8. Top 10 Companies for Off-Campus placements in 2011?
  9. List of companies offering industrial training in power plant, thermal power plant, oil and gas industry in Kolkata, West Bengal for 3rd year B.Tech(E&I stream) students? Which one of these training is beneficial for me?
  10. Can I get a good package after passing B.Tech Petroleum?
  11. Can I apply for marine engineering after completing my 12th? I am interested in marine engineering
  12. How can I apply for M.Sc Marine Engineering if completed B.Sc general? Best university for M.Sc Marine Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to do MBA in Oil and Gas management? I am a BBA graduate
  15. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  16. Can I go for B.Tech after Diploma in Marine engineering? Scope after Marine Diploma?
  17. Marks required to do marine engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical degree course? What is the fee structure?
  18. Can I apply for Jobs in Government Oil Companies being a candidate pursuing Integrated MBA course?
27th October 2017, 06:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What additional course to do after B.E. Marine Engineering for career in Oil and Gas Industry? How to apply and what would be the starting designation?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no certain course that is required additional in order to be eligible for getting job in Oil and Gas Industries.

There are several oil and Gas related industries or organizations that are offering job opportunities for engineering candidates.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you have complete B.E in Marine Engineering, this course itself is enough for getting job in Oil and Gas based industries.

>> Some of the organizations that recruit candidates are SAIL, BPCL, GAIL, ONGC, HPCL..etc.,

>> The starting designation for Marine Engineers are, Graduate Trainee (GT) or Graduate Trainee Engineer. I suggest you to go through the career section or recruitment section of the official websites for getting more details of the latest recruitment's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?