24th August 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I join to BCA with 12th Arts?

Please HELP ME. I complete my 12th in Arts/Humanities Stream. Now I get more about Computer programming, So im intrested in Computer field, PLEASE TELL ME! CAN I JOIN TO BCA WITH MY 12TH ARTS QUALIFICATION

26th August 2014, 11:54 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join to BCA with 12th Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please HELP ME. I complete my 12th in Arts/Humanities Stream. Now I get more about Computer programming, So im intrested in Computer field, PLEASE TELL ME! CAN I JOIN TO BCA WITH MY 12TH ARTS QUALIFICATION

BCA stands for Bachelor Computer Application. The course is divided into Six Semesters consisting of two semesters per year i.e. the total number of years that the candidates have to continue for this bachelor degree is three.

If you have completed your Higher Secondary Examination with Mathematics subject with 50% marks from a recognized board exam then you are eligible for this exam.

Regards
~DKG~
15th July 2015, 08:04 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

I am afraid, that if you are from arts background then you will not be able to do BCA. BCA or Bachelor's in computer application has a basic criteria that a person applying for this stream must have Mathematics as one of the subjects in his or her subject combination of 12th standard. Since you are from arts background, I guess you didn't have Mathematics in your subject combination. This is normally provided in commerce or science streams. Arts stream does not contain Mathematics. Instead I would suggest you take up B.A. honors. In parallel you do some good diploma courses in computers. This way, your passion for computers will also be catered too. Your graduation stream also will be continued.
15th July 2015, 11:20 PM
pointer01

Hello,

Sorry to say dear, but if you are from art side then, you are eligible to do BCA. As in BCA course you have to study mathematics and computer science. Arts stream doesn't contains maths. So, you are not eligible to do BCA.
You can apply for any other course which is related to arts stream.
29th August 2015, 10:06 PM
sumitrahul76

BCA stands for bachelor of computer application.
Yes, of course you are eligible to get admission in BCA.It has a wide sectors like
1) IT(information technology) sector
2) NIFTY
3) INFOSYS
4)SENSEX
5) Microsoft
6)Google
7)Facebook
8)Twitter
9)Reliance and in many of the companies.

But according to me it will not be a good option to take BCA as you are an arts student..
Being an arts students this course isn't perfect to you, because many of the stuff in this course is related with mathematics and computer
But it all depends on your interest, if you are dedicated for it then it will be easy for you.so, you should go for it.
31st August 2015, 11:47 AM
newmoon06

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. It is related to IT sector . In BCA you need to study maths. but in class you have not studied maths. So, it will be very difficult for you to do BCA as an arts student.

You can do the following courses-

>>B.A.

>>Banking.

>>Civil services. etc.

So, I suggest you not to do BCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?