26th August 2014, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Post graduation studies in USA is not possible without TOEFL? Criteria, fee structure and other details of studies in USA?

I am a b.pharm 3rd year student wanted to continue my post graduation studies in USA so is toefl there for allowing me to come in USA can't i opt my post graduation studies without clearing toefl ,in othr case if i am even applying for tefl then wat r criteria and fee structure.What should i do to continue my studies in USA is there any scholarships?????????????????????????????? plz guide

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in TOEFL to study post graduation in USA? Eligibility criteria and fee structure of TOEFL institutes? Is there any scholarship available?
  2. Can't I opt for post graduation studies in USA without clearing TOEFL?
  3. Scope for BDs student in USA? Procedure for further studies in USA? Fee structure of the same? Which all exams to answer?
  4. Detail question about MS in Germany -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Both TOEFL and GRE are necessary for pursuing masters degree in USA? Details of fees?
  6. General studies after 12th is compulsory in USA California?
  7. What are the courses available for me after doing 12th Commerce in Maths? What are the courses and further studies available to me in USA, UK or Australia after 12th? What is the fee structure and admission procedure?
  8. How to pursue studies in USA if I am a B.Pharmacy graduate from India?
  9. Criteria to do MDS in USA? What is the fee structure to do MDS in USA?
  10. Am I eligible to pursue MS in CS from good universities of USA
  11. Minimum percentage that I should get to get in B.Tech to study MS in abroad?
  12. How to Pursue PG studies in USA or Canada after completing Graduation in Venetrinary Science from India?
  13. Is there any center of IGNOU present in USA so that students may continue their studies from there?
  14. Is M.Sc from Mumbai university India valid in USA?
  15. Eligibility Criteria of GRE and TOEFL for admission in USA universities?
  16. How to do MS in USA? What is the cost to do MS in USA?
  17. How may I do my MS in USA? What's the fee structure for the same? How may I get details about the GRE pattern?
  18. How to prepare for Graduate studies in USA in Aeronautical engineering? How to present a paper in NASA and IEEE?
30th August 2014, 09:22 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Post graduation studies in USA is not possible without TOEFL? Criteria, fee structure and other details of studies in USA?

TOEFL : Test of English as a Foreign Language

The fee for taking TOEFL depends on the test date and test location.

In India TOEFL is conducted at following places.

Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Calcutta, Chennai, Cochin,
Coimbatore, Delhi, Greater Noida, Guindy, Chennai, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Hyderabad,
Indore, Jalandhar, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kothrood, Pune, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mumbai,
Mussoorie, Mysore, Nashik, New Delhi, Nizamabad, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Sangli,
Secunderabad, Surat, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Vasad.

When you register for the test on ETS website,
you should check the available dates and corresponding fees. If you register now you
will see test fee $170 on all available dates till November in all cities. Whenever you
register for the test make sure that you take a test date on which you will be free and
prepared too, otherwise if you wish to reschedule your test you will charged extra for that.

TOEFL score is really helpful for getting admission abroad so, you should definitely take
the test before you start applying to foreign universities.

TOEFL score and/or GRE score are not necessary for doing masters in foreign countries.

Some universities might make it compulsory, some consider it as an extra qualification
and some doesn’t even consider it. Then why do people take TOEFL and / or GRE?

Once you have these two scores, you can apply to almost all the foreign universities. If
your academic background is good you have already done some significant research
work and/or got your paper published in some national/international journal then you
will get quick responses from the professors abroad otherwise you will have to make
many applications. This indirectly makes TOEFL a necessary tool for masters in foreign countries.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?