27th August 2014, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Postgraduate doctorate courses for meritorious B.Pharmacy student?

Hello sir. I am Vimali. I am about to complete my B.Pharmacy in this august,2013 with 80% marks till now. I really want to become a doctor. Is there any option for me to do any postgraduate doctorate courses? I don't want to be a normal student ad i wanna achieve. just help me by saying any good postgraduate course for me.

6th September 2014, 11:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Postgraduate doctorate courses for meritorious B.Pharmacy student?

You have to do M.Pharm and then you have to complete Ph.D to get Doctor in front of your name. For M.Pharm course you have to apply for GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) which will allow you to get admission in top colleges with stipend.

Those who qualify GPAT with a good score will get admission in top M.Pharm college and there is stipend also which is sponsored by AICTE. You can also do M.Pharm without GPAT score but it will be quite expensive for you.

For Ph.D admission GPAT score is utilized by many top Universities. Hence, if you have good GPAT score then you have good chance of getting admission in Ph.D course. There are many Universities offering Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences but you must get your Doctorate from a reputed University then only it will have value.

You can take admission in various branches of Pharmaceutical Sciences for Ph.D which are mentioned below.

1. Pharmaceutics
2. Pharmacognosy
3. Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
4. Pharmacology
5. Pharmaceutical Technology
6. Pharmaceutical Clinical Practice
7. Medicinal Chemistry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?