29th August 2014, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Minimum marks required in MA to study PhD? Job in government college is possible after PhD?

After ma what is the minimum mark required for a PhD and after PhD can someone get the job in govt college?

9th September 2014, 04:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum marks required in MA to study PhD? Job in government college is possible after PhD?

You must have atleast 50% marks in MA English from a recognized University to become eligible for Ph.D admission. If you are UGC NET qualified then you will have greater chance of getting admission in a top University. Relaxation in marks is applicable for reserved category candidates according to government rules.

For getting job as a lecturer in Government colleges, you have to qualify UGC NET. Hence, if you complete Ph.D without NET qualifying, then also there is no guarantee that you may get a government college job.

Hence, if you want to make sure that you get a lecturer job in Government college, then try to clear UGC NET for English subject. It is the criteria for lecturer job in Central government colleges. For state government colleges there is SET.

Also, note that for UGC NET you must have 55% marks in the Master's degree. There is relaxation of 5% marks to SC/ST/OBC and physically handicapped candidates. Those who qualify UGC NET will also be eligible for Junior Research Fellowships.

For more information visit http://ugcnetonline.in
24th March 2017, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Minimum marks required in MA to study PhD? Job in government college is possible after PhD?

Can I directly do phd in engljsh and political without graduation??
30th December 2019, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir I cleared master in english in54% can I eligible in ph applying
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?