29th August 2014, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Whether PGDCA is equivalent to BCA or not?

Many advertisement's qualification mentioning as "BCA or equvailent qualification". I have completed PGDCA course whether I eligible for that post or not please sugest me - whether PGDCA is equivalent to BCA or not

24th September 2014, 08:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether PGDCA is equivalent to BCA or not?

PGDCA stands Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application whereas BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. The complete details about the PGDCA and BCA course is mentioned below :-

-->PGDCA :-
1.PGDCA stands Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application.

2.To pursue this course, you must have completed the graduation with 10+2+3 pattern from a recognised university and you must have passed standard XII (HSC) examination or its equivalent examination with Mathematics or Business Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subject to be eligible to pursue this course.

-->BCA :-
1.BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

2.To pursue this course, you must have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from any recognised board with minimum 45% of marks in aggregate(40 % in case of SC/ST candidates).

So, we can say that PGDCA course is not equivalent to BCA course and the PGDCA is the higher level when compared to the BCA course. The PGDCA is a postgraduate course and the BCA is an undergraduate course.
4th November 2017, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

I completed my 10th and PGDCA and BA graduate, I did not complete 12th class and I eligible for Assistant job in govt organisation
10th April 2018, 03:14 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MCA. Some of the government job ask for PGDCA or DCA. Do mca works fine there? please suggest a solution.
26th April 2018, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation 10 2 3 and also completed PGDCA course 1 year, it is equivalent to Post Graduate or not?
13th December 2018, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

B.Sc Maths with P.G.D.C.A is eligible for M.C.A Lateral Entry . Is B.sc Maths with P.G.D.C.A is considered as B.Sc ( Computer Science ) or B.C.A
17th October 2020, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Please tell the Negative points of pgdca
31st January 2021, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

PGDCA is equal to Bsc Computer Science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?