16th September 2014, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Should I go into ISC or HSC after studying in ICSE?

I wish to go into Science stream, so as to pursue Engineering later on. Keeping my options open, I'm going to give the SAT, JEE and also the entrance exam for BITS. I've studied so far in ICSE board, and found the teaching to be great. My question is, should I go into ISC or HSC? I hve already joined coaching classes for 11th and 12th, and they prepare me for JEE. If I join ISC, will the portion become too vast and un-handle-able? Is the ISC syllabus totally different from the HSC syllabus, and which will prepare me better for the above-mentioned entrance exams? Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. ISC or HSC or CBSE which board can prepare me better for SAT?
  2. Whicg is the best option ISC or Inter for ICSE student? Best ISC college in Hyderabad?
  3. Number of seats in all IIM? Percentile required for a general category student to get admission in IIM? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Should I take CBSE or ISC after 12th? I have passed class 10th with ICSE board
  5. Is there any good college that I can get after scoring 93.20% and 88.75 in ICSE and ISC?
  6. For mht-cet which is better curriculum ISC, CBSE or HSC?
  7. Is there any book naming "TOGETHER WITH" for ISC? Most helpful texts book for ISC exams?
  8. Procedure to get admission in ISC 1st year at St. Xavier's College, Ranchi for a candidate who have secured 73% in 10th ICSE?
  9. Details about colleges offering ISC syllabus in 11th and 12th? Availability of application and fee structure?
  10. Which board is better to be an Engineer CBSE or ISC?
  11. How to get admission in colleges like PSG? I am studying in 12th in Karnataka
  12. Are there any such books available for physics chemistry and biology for ISC?
  13. Which Board Syllabus I have to prepare for AFMC Entrance Test between ISC, HSC and CBSE?
  14. What are the career options available while studying HSC?
  15. Are there precollege courses available for aeronautical engineering after completing ICSE 10th board?
  16. Will I be able to shift in ISC 12th standard after studying intermediate from Andhra Pradesh State Board of Intermediate?
  17. Technical course available after XI ISC?
  18. What are the merits and demerits of ICSE and IGCSE boards? Which is widely used in India?
28th September 2014, 12:48 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go into ISC or HSC after studying in ICSE?

The best option after ICSE if you are preparing for JEE and SAT like exams is :-
Go for CBSE rather than any other board.

Reasons:-
- English syllabus is tougher in ISC, thus you need to give more attention to English to do well in the board exams.
- Second language is present in ISC and State Boards, hence again your time towards core subjects will be less.
- English is easy in CBSE and there is no compulsion to take second language, thus more attention can be given towards core subjects for JEE and other entrance exams.
- Syllabus of CBSE is more compatible with the entrance exam's syllabus.
Since you have joined coaching institutes, thus CBSE is the best choice followed by ISC and then State board.
31st May 2016, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in a CBSE school. I'm confused whether I should take a HSC or ISC college? I'm planning to do commerce.
24th August 2020, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in ICSE and am confused wether to take ISC(in my school) or HSC. I am taking commerce.
10th October 2020, 06:43 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

If you are planning to take up science stream in 11 and 12 standard than you must take up CBSE board
The syllabus of the CBSE and the entrance exam of medical and non medical is thee same so it wont be difficult for you so you can clear the concepts and solve many papers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?