26th September 2014, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?

I qualified for jee advance in 2014 but i failed in maths with pcm 39% in 12th. can i give jee main next year if i reappear in maths. and also tell me if their is other ways of giving jee again. please inform me soon.

28th September 2014, 08:55 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?

You have maximum of three attempts to appear for the JEE Main examination. Since, you have qualified in JEE Main and have failed in Maths, then you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination. You can reappear and qualify in the 12th standard Mathematics, then you can apply for JEE Main and after qualifying the JEE Main, if you get rank below 1,50,000, then you can appear for the JEE Advanced exam.

Since, you have not qualified in mathematics and have appeared for JEE Main, you are not eligible for JEE Advanced examination. After qualifying in the Mathematics subject, you can appear for JEE 2015 or JEE 2016 examination, after that, you are not eligible to appear for the JEE Main examination.
28th September 2014, 03:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After clearing your compartment exam, you will be eligible for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. If you are not passed in 10+2 at the moment then it will definitely create problem for you. Therefore, study for your compartment exam and clear it with good marks.

According to JEE rules one can appear only time for it. First attempt should be during the 12th appearing stage and second attempt will be the consecutive year. This means that you can appear in two consecutive years only for JEE Main and Advanced.

The entrance exam will have objective type questions related to Physics, Maths and Chemistry. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.

For more information visit http://www.jeemain.nic.in/
9th April 2015, 08:55 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, the maximum number of attempts for JEE is 3, for the consecutive 3 years including the 12th appearing year.

No matter if you have qualified in the 1st attempt, you have 2 more chances left for JEE. But you first have to clear all the subjects of 12th first successfully, then only you can apply and if succeeded you can get the admission.
15th April 2015, 12:52 AM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I qualified for jee advance in 2014 but i failed in maths with pcm 39% in 12th. can i give jee main next year if i reappear in maths. and also tell me if their is other ways of giving jee again. please inform me soon.
Yes, you can reappear in the JEE mains if you clear your MATHS through your compartment exam. Because you need minimum of 60% in PCM all aggregate. So, you have taken right decision to retake the MATHS paper and reappear in the JEE next year.
8th December 2015, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

I have clear compartmental paper in maths pcm I got 45% and in total 56% in 2015 board can I have chance to qualify mains?
9th June 2018, 04:23 AM
Unregistered

I can give compartment exam in bseb for improvement my marks for attain top 20 percentile. If yes , is it valid for jee main and advance next year.
14th October 2020, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

i can't clear my compartment exam in maths this year can i appear nit entrance exam next year after clearing my compartment exam
18th December 2021, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I give jee Main exam if I have math as 6th optional
23rd July 2022, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

if someone fail in maths but result out pass then he is eligible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?