17th October 2014, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

To become an Indian Foreign Service Officer after +2?

Hi, I am in my 11th standard in arts stream and I am confused that I can become an indian foreign service officer after my graduation or not. Because my subjects taken are pol.science, economics, logic & philosophy, , education, alty, english and Environmental science. kindly share some infos....

Related Questions:
  1. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  2. Initial Posts given after Passing IAS Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Indian Foreign Service- Examination
  4. List of all the competitive exams in India which I can answer after doing MSc with 62%?
  5. Any good coaching centers for IFS in Hyderabad?
  6. Can I give UPSC exam after studying in KSOU which is UGC and DEC approved university?
  7. Which post will I get after clearing my IES/EC exam? Are the posts available in Gujarat?
  8. How can I appear in Indian Foreign Service exam? Reference books for the preparation? Does IFS conducts Preliminary exam?
  9. How to be an I.F.S officer after completion of +2?
  10. What is the full form of IFS? Its Indian Forest Service or Indian Foreign Service?
  11. What is tougher between IAS and IPS exam?
  12. Procedure and subjects to study after 10th for Indian Foreign Service?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 22 years old CA Final student?
  14. Which stream should I opt between Arts and Commerce if want to join Indian Foreign Service?
  15. Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing graduation in Nautical Sciences?
  16. How may I apply for job in German embassy? What are the different kind of jobs that suits on me and from where I can get knowledge about vacancies? I have done 5 semesters from Max Muller in German language
  17. Maximum age limit to appear for NET Exam for the year 2012?
  18. What's the criteria and procedure to apply for jobs in German embassy? I am pursuing my graduation and advanced level German language course from Goethe Institute, Delhi. can I apply for jobs after completion of these two courses?
18th October 2014, 05:03 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To become an Indian Foreign Service Officer after +2?

All the candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream are eligible to apply for the post of Indian Foreign Service Officer.So, you are eligible to apply for IFS after the completion of your graduation.

Educational Qualification:-
You should be a graduate with any stream.

EXAM PATTERN:-
IFS exam consists of two papers
1.Preliminary Examination
2.Mains Examination
candidates who has cleared these two exams are eligible for interview.After the interview, the final list of candidates will be announced.

Age limit:-
21-30 for OC
21-33 for OBC
21-35 for SC and ST
19th October 2014, 06:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

To become an Indian Foreign Service officer, you have to appear for Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by UPSC every year. If you complete Graduation in Arts, then surely you will be eligible for Civil Services examination. In fact, any stream Graduates can apply for Civil Services examination provided they have got their degree from a recognized university.

The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

1. SC/ST : 5 years relaxation

2. OBC : 3 years relaxation

3. Physically handicapped : 10 years relaxation

The selection is based on the performance in the following stages.

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Mains Exam

3. Interview

The number of attempts are limited for General and OBC with 4 and 7 attempts respectively. For SC/ST candidates there is no such limit in attempts.

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
19th October 2014, 11:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am in my 11th standard in arts stream and I am confused that I can become an indian foreign service officer after my graduation or not. Because my subjects taken are pol.science, economics, logic & philosophy, , education, alty, english and Environmental science. kindly share some infos....

To join in Indian Foreign service you need to write the UPSC exam which is conducting the IFS Exam and there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for it and they are:

>> The candidate should have a Citizenship in India

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 21-30 years of age and this is for General category candidate and there are certain relaxation for other category candidates and they are for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra

>> Regarding the education qualification which is needed for the exam it is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream of education.

The candidate who satisfies all these above mentioned criteria is eligible for applying for the exam.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
29th January 2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: To become an Indian Foreign Service Officer after 2?

i have completed aircraft maintenance engineering course (duration 3 years ),and have 3 years practical exp , can i apply for IFS exam?
1st April 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: To become an Indian Foreign Service Officer after 2?

sir,i am in 9th class now and i am keenly imterested in this job! suggest me what should i do to prepare for exam from now?
3rd April 2015, 03:16 PM
amanshrivastava98

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission.

For filling up the various highly reputed posts in all the government departments across the country they conduct a Civil Services Examination every year.

According to the guidelines released by the UPSC regarding the eligibility for appearing in the CSE are as follows :

* The minimum and maximum age criteria is 21 years minimum and 32 years maximum for a general candidate.

* The minimum educational qualification required is the candidate should be graduate under the scheme of 10+2+3 of UGC at least.

* There is no such fixed or minimum percentage criteria given by them at rhe time of graduation.

* The maximum number of attempts is 6 for a general candidate.
6th April 2015, 09:39 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear I think you are not eligible to apply for the Indian Forest services with your subjects in your graduation and actually Indian Forest Service Examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. For further details you can please look at the below things.

1.You must complete your graduation from the recognized University with any of the following subjects. And the Subjects are Botany ,Agricultural Engineering, Chemistry ,Maths, Physics ,Forestry Engineering, Statistics ,Veterinary Science etc.,

2.The Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a age relaxation according to the government rules.

3.Final year students can also apply for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?