17th October 2014, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Details of pursuing PhD in Economics after M.Com in Banking & Finance?

I'm persuing mcom in banking and finance from a reputed college in Mumbai and wish to do phd in economics after my post graduation studies from Mumbai preferably. It would be great if I could get some basic details about the course like course of study, fees, university, time period, etc.. also if there are any exams to be given for the programme, etc..

Will be waiting for the response.

ThankYou.

Related Questions:
  1. List of new courses after MA(Economics) except Ph.D, Banking, Finance?
  2. Should I go for PhD in Accounts & Finance while pursuing CA?
  3. After M.Com Finance can I opt for Ph.D? Which others subjects could I choose? For which Ph.D would I be eligible for?
  4. Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher?
  5. What all subjects are available for me to do Ph.D in Bangalore?
  6. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA in Finance and Masters degree in Economics Honors after completion of B.Sc Economics?
  7. Madurai Kamraj University, B.A. In Economics, Money, Banking And Public Finance Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Which is the best course after completing M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Will I get a government job at an age of 37 with experience of 14 years in banking and finance
  10. How to do M.Com before going for MBA? I have completed BCAF from Mumbai University
  11. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  12. How to do Ph.D in management after completing MBA from SMU in finance and banking
  13. Am I eligible to do MBA in Finance or Banking after completion of Graduation in BA?
  14. What are the options available for me after doing M.Com with specialization in finance
  15. How to get a job after completing M.Com? I am pursuing MBA in finance
  16. In which subject I should prefer doing PhD? Marks needed in B.Com and M.Com to do PhD?
  17. Short term courses before July after Bachelor's in Banking and Insurance?
  18. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
19th October 2014, 02:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of pursuing PhD in Economics after M.Com in Banking & Finance?

If you have studied Economics as a full subject in your Post Graduation, then surely you will be eligible for Ph.D Economics admission. Admission in Ph.D is based on merit and you have to appear for an entrance exam, which is conducted by the respective University for which you want to apply.

Many top Universities like Central Government affiliated Universities give admission on the basis of UGC NET score. Hence, those who have got UGC NET score can directly apply for Ph.D admission without appearing for university entrance exam.

The candidates with NET scorecard are preferred over non-NET candidates. Therefore, if you qualify UGC NET, then it will be better for you, as it will allow you to get admission in a good University.

For more information refer to this link http://econdse.org/m-phil-ph-d-2014-15-admission
9th December 2015, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Details of pursuing PhD in Economics after M.Com in Banking & Finance?

Hi.i am completing mcom ca course. I am intrested to teaching,so how can I select teaching field for the qualification of mcom ca.which is best selection of phd after mcom ca.? I am waiting to response.
1st September 2018, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in economics after completing my M.Com in Advanced Accounting and Taxation?
17th January 2021, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I do phd in economics after mcom
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?