15th May 2011, 01:56 PM
konya

How to crack AIPMT for a student weak in Physics and Chemistry? Will there be a common test throughout India?

Myself Konya and I strongly want to crack AIPMT. I m studying in class 11 and I don't have much information regarding the Mains exam, type of questions asked and marking criteria. My Biology is strong but I don't think i can do that well in Physics and Chemistry. Is there still a scope of getting through the exam? There are rumours that from now onwards only one common medical entrance would be conducted throughout india. Would that be implemented soon? What about getting a domecile in delhi. i have heard that some seats in PMT are reserved for Delhi candidates.
Please satisfy my queries.
thank you.

15th May 2011, 03:14 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to crack AIPMT for a student weak in Physics and Chemistry? Will there be a common test throughout India?

HELLO,
yeah, the process for conducting a common test for medical students is on progress. but at present there is such public commencements on exam, if it decided to conduct the same exam, then soon the commencement will be in air.
since you have described you are in 11th right now, its very precious time to shape your carrier. if you are weak in physics then, of course you should concern your teacher on your critical topics. if you tried to resolve the problem then definitely you will ride on your fear of physics.for AIPMT you should refer NCERT text books as well you shold much concerned with your teacher.
AIPMT preliminary pattern is objective type questions, there is minus marking(deduction of marks on wrong answers.), like wise AIPMT mains is also of objective type questions pattern.
for more information you can visit-www.aipmt.nic.in

OK, best of luck.
15th May 2011, 07:23 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to crack AIPMT for a student weak in Physics and Chemistry? Will there be a common test throughout India?

Dear Friend

If you want to crack medical entrances you should surely perform good in all the three
subjects; Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

If you are accepting that your Physics and Chemistry are week then it is seriously a
problem. You should give your full effort to complete them very well and also you should
be good enough in the subjects so that you feel confident before the exam.

The common entrance test for all medical colleges of India was just a
proposal but it has not been implemented yet and there is no further announcement
about implementation of this proposal.

Only 15% of total seats are for All India quota.
Rest of the seats are through state quota state PMT.
The reservation rules are as per Govt. of India rules in all Governmental Institution.
If your state code of eligibility is from Delhi state then you should surely make
domicile certificate of the state.

For your reference I have attached some AIPMT prelims and mains question papers.
Find them into the attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIPMT 2007 Prelim and Mains.pdf(1,014.7 KB, 638 views)
File Type: pdf AIPMT 2008.pdf(698.1 KB, 491 views)
File Type: pdf AIPMT 2010 Prelims and Mains.pdf(1.34 MB, 732 views)
15th May 2011, 08:51 PM
gagan2003

you can't get selected if your phy,chem, are weak because it really needs to be good in these two to get qualify but recently supreme court has announced to held a single entrance exam which will increase your chance to get qualify.....,
16th May 2011, 12:27 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well as you have said that you are weak in physics and chemistry but strong in biology
but the AIPMT prelims and mains papers are based on all three subjects and there is no
subject wise cutoff but overall cutoff.So it will not be much difficult for you to do good in
exam as their is no overall cutoff so you can prepare only those topics in physics and
chemistry in which you feel secure and you know something about them .Just keep
practicing again and again .

Eligibility criteria:

You should be between 17-25 years of age. Upper age limit is 30 years for SC/ST/OBC
students .
Must have passed 12th with at least 50% marks in PCB for general candidates and 40%
for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Only 3 attempts are allowed.

AIPMT Pattern:: It consist of two phase :

I PHASE :
Preliminary Examination:It is of duration 3 hours no of question asked are 120
which is based on Physics, Chemistry and Biology(Botany and Zoology) and all of them
are of objective type .

II PHASE:

Final Examination:
It is of duration 3 hours no of question asked are 120
which is based on Physics, Chemistry and Biology(Botany and Zoology) and all of them
are of objective type .

Candidate can opt for question papers either in English or in Hindi at the time of filling the
application form.

Well may be from next year AIEEE AND AIPMT will happen together .

For more information::http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt2011/aipmt/welcome.html
16th May 2011, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

hi i m in 12 isc n i am gud in all d three subjects bio physics n chemistry yet i m not prepared for pmt. plz suggest how can i divide my time between school study n at d same time preparing for d medical entrance exam.
2nd June 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir! i have done my 12th with pcbm in 2009,&then i droped for two years so to prepare for medical entrance exam but i could not clear any of them,i lost cbse by just 5 marks that means 1 more correct answer and i would have been cleared atleast cbse pre.and then for sure the mains!!!!!.now i am completely shatterd,i just don't know what to do now:-( .i wanted to know whether i can take one more chance means i wanted to give pmt one more time. am i elligeble ? as my 3 chances are already over.now basically i am confused about the single medical entrance exam as there is one thing mentioned that the upper age to give pmt is now 25 years is that means i can sit in the exam one more time?????pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee reply.............
11th July 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to crack AIPMT for a student weak in Physics and Chemistry? Will there be a common test throughout India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i m in 12 isc n i am gud in all d three subjects bio physics n chemistry yet i m not prepared for pmt. plz suggest how can i divide my time between school study n at d same time preparing for d medical entrance exam.
see as u r saying u r gud in ol da three subjects so u need not to worry dear,just focuss on ur regular school classes properly n surely u'll do gud in mcqs also,as the questions are twisted from the simple books theories only.give double time to biology as it needs to turn more pages from various books n try to solve atleast 50 questions from physics and chemistry every day,better if u try to solve objective questions from various mock papers n previous year question papers best of luck
17th July 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

how much % i sould get in 12th to apear in c.p.m.t exam
28th August 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am student of st category but my physics and chemistry so poor mostly calculation part then give me some tips to crack aipmt exam....reply
13th September 2011, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

IN WHICH WAY I CAN SOLVE PHYSICS PROBLEMS
25th September 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

I cleared my 10th exams from P.S.E.B. am I eligible to attend both state pmt and aipmt?the dates of both may clash together?plz guiide me.
2nd October 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done 12 class from up board and now i am taking cauching for medical exam but now i m confuesd that now i m not be able to understand the topic of ncrt book sir plese tel me how to solve my problems and in 12th class i had not maths thats why my phyics is not well sir plese tell me what i do sir my prepartions is disbalence plese help me sir .
9th October 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Igot 62% in 12th PCB.Can i clear AIPMT exam without taking coaching??
9th October 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

I got 62% in 12th PCB.Can i clear AIPMT without taking coaching??
24th January 2012, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

In physics and chemistry which chapter should give more attention on basis of aipmt exam?
7th February 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi I want to ask if , I want to crack AIPMT without classes , then what should I have to do .
11th April 2012, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by konya View Post
Myself Konya and I strongly want to crack AIPMT. I m studying in class 11 and I don't have much information regarding the Mains exam, type of questions asked and marking criteria. My Biology is strong but I don't think i can do that well in Physics and Chemistry. Is there still a scope of getting through the exam? There are rumours that from now onwards only one common medical entrance would be conducted throughout india. Would that be implemented soon? What about getting a domecile in delhi. i have heard that some seats in PMT are reserved for Delhi candidates.
thank you.
Hey Konya! I just came across this site and ur question. Frankly speaking, I too had the same question in my mind, coz it was quite difficult fr me to get gud tuition clses in our area... so i didnt hv mch clear cnceptions abt mny topics of the exam. i wanted to crack the xam as well..bt mah prep was nt strong enough.
As u r in the 11th, i'd like to suggest u to focus on solving mcqs as mch as u cn coz dt's gna mk u discover mr of the doubts in u...whch vl enable u to clr thm up frm d respective subject teachers, to whom dey may cncern.
also, whyl studing, donot stay timid and shy away abt ur doubts, evn if they may seem vry simple in frnt of ur mates, cz thses entrance examinations test ur knowledge and concepts abt evry topic.
it is nt wise to leave out ny topic as the intensity of questions vary evry year and u may miss out evn the simplest ones if u donot knw d basics of ech topic.
M appearing fr d entrances this year....
Good Luck!!!
donot loose hope...try ur best....m sure u'l crack pmt if u try hard...nothng's difficult..
signing off...
11th April 2012, 07:51 PM
monisha_sarabhai

There are many courses available after completing 12th in science subject. If your daughter is interested in computer she can join BCA and later on go for MCA as higher studies. There are also other degree level courses like B.Sc in different field of study. Students from this field can also enter in to the medical field. For this they need to qualify in the entrance exam for medical and get admission in to good colleges. It your daughter likes to have a career in teaching there are many different courses which she can take up after any graduation. The main benefit which science students get is an option to select a course from any field. Science student can get a bright career with high salaries, if they are focused and study well.
15th August 2012, 02:12 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

yeah, the process for conducting a common test for medical students is on progress. but at present there is such public commencements on exam, if it decided to conduct the same exam, then soon the commencement will be in air.

since you have described you are in 11th right now, its very precious time to shape your carrier. if you are weak in physics then, of course you should concern your teacher on your critical topics.

if you tried to resolve the problem then definitely you will ride on your fear of physics.for AIPMT you should refer NCERT text books as well you shold much concerned with your teacher.

AIPMT preliminary pattern is objective type questions, there is minus marking(deduction of marks on wrong answers.), like wise AIPMT mains is also of objective type questions pattern.
for more information you can visit-www.aipmt.nic.in
23rd April 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me whether there will be subject wise cut off or total cut off in NEET UG.
21st January 2014, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir,how can i crack aipmt 2014...my biology is strong but i am weak in physics and chemistry.what i should do to crack aipmt plzzzzz helhelp me out
4th March 2014, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi..sir i m weak in physics then how i can prepare physics to crack aipmt..in 2months:-\
23rd March 2014, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

Weakness in physics is general for medocal students but nothing to worry abt bcoz if one has done chemistry and bio with full conc and has learned only the formulad by heart then he /she is sure to get through this exam so nothing to worry abt hope this will help u
25th April 2014, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

I left science in tenth and opted for commerce in 12 now i wnt to give 12again from bio.how to prepare physics and chemistry
31st May 2014, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

sir, please dont give repeated answer, i am excellent at bio because i never mugged it up and always understand its concept, which ifeel no one can do, so i want to ask that if i score excellent marks in bio-above 90 PERCENT in pmt but very poor in PC,WILL I GET GOOD RANK.
18th July 2014, 10:24 PM
papukr

Smile Re: How to crack AIPMT for a student weak in Physics and Chemistry? Will there be a common test throughout India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by konya View Post
thank you.
reply :
hey i u said that your physics and chem are weak . it means u are scared of numericals i would like to make that clear u should focus more on inorganic and then organic n chemistry as their is no numerical . i would advice u to get stuck yo ncert in studying chemistry

for physics focus more on topics from where questions on knowledge based skill is asked . modern physics is a better option for u cocentarte more on that .you should co-realte the topics in physics as u do in biology for example electrostat and gravitation
waves and altenating current .................
u need not top the pmt if u think u are weak make ur preparation in a balanced way in pmt so that altogether u cross the cut off marks
28th July 2014, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

i have joined in a coaching center(11.00Am to 6.00pm) please help me that how much time i have to spend for reading concepts and solving problems?help me by giving a daily schedule for each subject
29th August 2014, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,My name is sayan chakraborty...I am a 12 passed student n i am gttng physics tough in HC verma ..so i want to ask u...if i dont solve hc verma can I able to crack AIPMT .....plz..if not plz suggest the physics book..through which i can score gud marks in Physics.
17th September 2014, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

HEY....mah name iz Ritu...I was so gud student frm mah childhood..bt unfortunately I got jus 68% in 12th cbse board...I got so mch depressd aftr dis poor performance in exm as mah family expected a lot frm meh..// aftr dat I droped 1 year for d preparation of medical...bt I was unable to qualify d exm...nw I m so mch depressd nd don't knw wat to do nw...sir I jus want a best guidance frm uhh as ur one reply cn evn change mah thinking and may help a lot fr mah future,../ so plz help meh...
17th September 2014, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

hey...mah name z Ritu...I was a gud student frm childhood bt unfortunately I got jus 68% in 12th cbse board as mah family expected a lot frm meh...aftr dat I droped 1 year fr d prepartn of medical...bt I was unable to qualify d exam...I gt so mch depressd nw // sir I jus want a best guidance frm uhh as ur 1 reply cn change mah thinking...so plz help meh...
24th October 2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

hey... i m Ravinder Kaur i m preparing for AIPMT.....How we can make our interest in physics?
4th January 2015, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

hello i kapil jangir my biology is strong but physics and chemistry are weak how i strong them and for also my friends for your solutions contact me on 8058394144
5th February 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to crack AIPMT for a student weak in Physics and Chemistry? Will there be a common test throughout India?

Quote:
Hi i am student of st category but my physics and chemistry so poor mostly calculation part then give me some tips to crack aipmt exam....reply
just make your basic clear from starting. if u r poor then u have to do more hard work . just make ur timetable be sure what u r doing.be confident . and learn first those topic which are easy for u . and solve all the last year ques. as much as u can do. all the best.
22nd June 2015, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

How to get good tutor in Phy and Chem for AIPMT 2016?
26th July 2015, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

hi everybody says do hard work but what to do when it don't give result I'm a pcmb student of class12and want toclear aiimpt this year and also I don't take coaching so I want a real guidance of urs to help me out
28th June 2017, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to crack AIPMT for a student weak in Physics and Chemistry? Will there be a common test throughout India?

Quote:
IN WHICH WAY I CAN SOLVE PHYSICS PROBLEMS
You are weak in phy and chemistry becus u r weak in maths. If you want yo solve your problem consult with mathematics or physics teacher to learn mathematicals tools required fir solving problems of phy and chemistry. Chemistry will be very easy subje t for you if can spend your time to know all basics and fundamentals of chemistry. For this task youmust consult a noble chemistry teacher personally.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?