21st October 2014, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in IIT being a student of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?

hello everyone
i am final year in diploma in electronoc & communication
i want to do b.e. in IIT.
please inform how i am get enterence in IIT?
from-
Dhananjay panchal
Ahmedabad

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in IIT being a candidate of pursuing final year of Diploma in Electronics & Communication?
  2. List of private diploma colleges in management quota with Electrical or Electronics & communication engineering?
  3. Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?
  4. How can I apply for AMIE after Diploma in Electronics & Communication?
  5. Am I eligible for PG Diploma course after Diploma in Electronics & Communication?
  6. Diploma to degree admission in IIT is possible?
  7. From where to get forms for Diploma in Electronics & Communication engineering?
  8. Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Electronics and Communication?
  9. How to get a job in ISRO being a Electronics & communication engineering student?
  10. Can diploma holders join Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  11. Procedure to apply for training in Bokaro Steel Plant for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering 2nd year student? -- [New]
  12. Minimum percentage required in Diploma(Electronics & Communication) to get admission in UIT for B.Tech programme through LEET?
  13. Diploma holders can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?
  14. Which branch is better for M.Tech for electronics & communication engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Scope after completion of Electronics and Communication Engineering diploma course?
  16. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  17. Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering after completing B.Tech in E&C
  18. How to get admission in IIT after passing diploma?
25th October 2014, 12:17 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I get admission in IIT being a student of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?

Doing Graduation in IIT:

You can get in to IIT for doing your graduation or post-graduation. In order to do graduation, you need to do graduation in IIT, you need to attempt IIT-JEE after your 10+2. If, you want to do graduation in IIT now, you can appear for IIT-JEE and based on that you can choose the branch you want. One thing which you need to think is, you will be starting graduation from the beginning leaving your diploma degree behind. Your diploma is no more valid.

Doing Post-graduation in IIT:

You can do post-graduation in IIT by attempting GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). To do this, you need to have a graduation degree or you should be in final year of graduation. As, you are done with Diploma, I suggest you to complete your graduation and then get in to IIT for post-graduation.
26th October 2014, 12:28 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in IIT being a student of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?

Sorry, there isn't any procedure for a Diploma in Engineering holder to get admission in IITs and NITs. There is no lateral entry scheme for admission in IITs and NITs, therefore, you have to apply for admission in some other engineering colleges which offer lateral entry admissions.

You have to appear for LEET, which is an entrance exam for admission into 2nd year of engineering course. There are many engineering colleges which offer admission on the basis of LEET. Therefore, be prepared for this exam, so that you can get admission in a good college.

After completion of your B.Tech you can apply for GATE and if you get a good score in GATE, then you can apply for admission in IIT for your M.Tech course. This is the only way left for you to join IIT and it is certainly a very long route and you have to clear exam like GATE with an excellent score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?