27th October 2014, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Does GATE score is required for campus placement?

I am doing my engineering ,s5 sem,with an average cgpa of 8 .My aim is to get into any of the IIMs.I am going for CAT coaching.Lately I heard that admissions into IIMs are only possible with a previous job experience.FOR GETTING A JOB SOON AFTER B.TECH WOULD IT BE ADVISABLE TO GO FOR GATE COACHING NOW,OR RATHER GET A RECRUITMENT THROUGH CAMPUS PLACEMENT.please reply,confused

28th October 2014, 09:57 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Does GATE score is required for campus placement?

GATE SCORE REQUIRED FOR CAMPUS PLACEMENT?:

No, GATE score is not required for the campus placement and there is no need for you to prepare for it unless you are planning to take up the PG course in IIT's.

It is true that IIMs give more preference for experience candidates but then it's not that fresh candidates out of Engineering cannot get seat at all. If you can sweat throughout your preparation time and make sure you score the extreme then for sure you can get through it but if you feel that it would be better for your career to gain experience then just blindly start the preparation for your campus placements which would be 1) Aptitudes 2) Technical interview 3) HR interview. If you can master all 3 then for sure you will end up with a good job after completion of your Engineering course!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?