29th October 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after 12th to become an Astronaut?

I am a 12th class student and highly interested in astronomy and space and want to be an astronaut....but i dont know what i has to do to enter in this field....plz tell me about tests and institutions and necessary detail like prcentage in 12th class

aditya yadav
new delhi

1st November 2014, 01:40 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 12th to become an Astronaut?

In India, Astronauts are selected by ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization). And they mostly select the candidates from IAF(Indian Air Force). The reason for this is, the IAF candidates are already trained to endure high gravity forces. So, it will be easier to train them for space missions.

ELIGIBILITY:-
And the eligibilities are
1.Candidate must have bachelor’s degree from an recognized institution in engineering, biological science, physical science or mathematics.
2. And at least 1,000 hours of pilot-in-command time in jet aircrafts. Flight test experience is highly desirable.
31st July 2015, 07:21 PM
bambam04
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 12th class student and highly interested in astronomy and space and want to be an astronaut....but i dont know what i has to do to enter in this field....plz tell me about tests and institutions and necessary detail like prcentage in 12th class

aditya yadav
new delhi
As you know astronaut is very interesting field because in astronomy you know about the universe and there working effect, in India largest organization which give job is ISRO.
IF you want to become astronaut first of all your interest in physics must be good otherwise you can't do work in proper way.
After completion of 12th from any board some of the course
which provide job in astronaut are given below:-
1)graduation in physics after that you can apply for m.sc in physics
2)B.Tech in astrology
These are the field which provide you to become astronaut
4th August 2015, 01:09 PM
Sandy131070

Basically in India, Astronauts are selected by ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization). And they mostly select the candidates from IAF(Indian Air Force,and they are selected throught Bachelor degree with physics math necessary.
12th June 2016, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

how to become an astronaut after aeronautical engineering? also tell me about how to become a test pilot for the same?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?