31st October 2014, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Should I drop a year to prepare for JEE Mains instead of taking admission in college?

Hello
I have appeared for 12th. My jee mains result was not good.
Is it better to take a year drop and prepare for jee mains
next year or I should join a nearby good college.
I am living in Chatthisgarh.

4th November 2014, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year to prepare for JEE Mains instead of taking admission in college?

You don't have option of dropping one year for preparation because according to JEE rules, you have to appear for JEE in consecutive years.

You have appeared in 12th class for JEE Mains and you have no option but to appear for JEE this year itself due to the rule. Therefore, you must prepare this year itself.

The number of attempts are limited to only 3 and these attempts should be in consecutive years. Therefore, you shouldn't skip this year's JEE mains because it will create problem for you.

http://www.jeemain.nic.in/
8th September 2015, 11:39 AM
Ronie0309

Default Re: Should I drop a year to prepare for JEE Mains instead of taking admission in college?

Actually this completely depends on you,if you think you have a chance and that too a good one of getting a good score in JEE then you must take a drop.
But a drop puts you an year behind all of your friends and can become frustrat ing as well.
If you are ready to waste a year then you shall take a drop.
10th September 2015, 12:34 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you think that you have the potential and determination then you should drop for one year because you can't get this one year again in your life time to prepare and achieve your target. But if you think that you can't perform well than you should join good college for higher studies without wasting your valuable time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?