31st October 2014, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission in any universityof UK for Ph.D program with scholarship?

Sir
I have done MBA Marketing from University of Pune.
I want to know the process and criteria to get
admission in Ph.D with scholarship in UK universities.
Kindly help me out......

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  2. Procedure to do PhD with scholarship?
  3. Eligibility, scholarship, Visa procedure and exam details about PhD in Biotechnology from USA?
  4. What is the procedure to do PhD? How can I get the scholarship being OC candidate?
  5. Eligibility criteria to do MS or Ph.d in UK or Europe Universities? How to apply for scholarship in universities? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Procedure to get admission in PhD program at Ranchi University?
  7. How to pursue Ph.D program in management? Procedure for admission? What is the scope of doing Ph.D in management?
  8. Eligibility criteria, list of colleges with fee structure and procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Ayurveda) after completing B.A.M.S?
  9. PhD Anesthesia with scholarship for NRI?
  10. How to do Ph.D from Japan, Germany or US after completing B.Tech Biotech with 74%? What is the scholarship program for it? Can I do Ph.D without investing money?
  11. Universities which offer scholarships for Ph.D degree? Eligibility criteria and selection pattern?
  12. What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for PhD(pharmaceutics) in Germany?
  13. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for BBA program at IIM's?
  14. Procedure for admission in MIT USA for Ph.D? What is the eligibility criteria?
  15. How may I get admission in Ph.D? What's the eligibility criteria? What's the fee structure for Management program?
  16. GPAT is beneficial for PhD in Pharmacy? Details about criteria and scholarship?
  17. Eligibility for PhD in Europe with scholarship?
  18. Admission procedure of Ph.D program in rural development in IIT? Eligibility criteria?
10th February 2023, 04:54 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission in any universityof UK for Ph.D program with scholarship?

To be eligible for a PhD program in a university in the UK, you typically need to have a Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (which you already have one). Additionally, some universities may have specific admission requirements, such as a minimum GPA, relevant work experience, or language proficiency (usually demonstrated by an English language test such as IELTS).

To apply for a PhD program in the UK, you need to follow these steps:
  • Research: Start by researching universities and departments that offer PhD programs in your field of interest. Make sure that the universities and departments you select match your research interests and career goals.
  • Prepare Your Application: This includes writing a personal statement, research proposal, and getting letters of recommendation from your previous professors.
  • English Proficiency: Most universities in the UK require a minimum score on English language tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.
  • Application: Submit your application to the universities of your choice through their online admission portals.
  • Interviews: Some universities may conduct interviews for PhD applicants, either in person or over the phone/skype/zoom.
  • Acceptance: If your application is successful, you will receive an offer of admission.
  • Scholarship: You can apply for scholarships through the university or external organizations. Make sure to check the eligibility criteria and application deadlines.

Scholarship andother funding options available for international students such as:
  • University scholarships: Many universities in the UK offer scholarships to international Ph.D. students based on merit, research potential, and academic excellence.
  • Government Scholarships: Some UK government agencies provide funding for Ph.D. students, such as the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the British Council.
  • Charitable foundations and trusts: Some foundations and trusts provide funding for Ph.D. students in the UK, such as the Wellcome Trust, the British Academy, and the Royal Society.
  • External funding sources: Some external funding sources also provide scholarships for Ph.D. studies in the UK, such as the European Union, the Commonwealth Scholarships, and the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).

Note: The exact requirements and procedures may vary between universities, so it's important to check the specific requirements and procedures of the universities you're interested in, so please do check the official website of the respective university once.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, MCom, NET Qualified
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?