2nd November 2014, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

How to get government job if I am a student of geography? How to become a Geologist?

I m a students of geography. And I want to get government jobs and become geologist

28th October 2015, 11:39 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get government job if I am a student of geography? How to become a Geologist?

See, its not that the scope is not there for geologist. Not only in our country but there are opportunities in other countries as well.

In our countries the various department where you can get a job are-
~ Oil and Natural Gas Commission

~ Geological Survey of India

~ Environmental and Weather departments of out country

~ Teaching jobs.

In foreign countries like American or Africa there is a necessity of the geological experts in profession like

>> Gold Mining

>> Meteorological departments

>> Weather Control and prediction department

So, choices are not limited. Its just that you have to prove your caliber.
29th October 2015, 08:02 PM
shravv shravs

Default Re: How to get government job if I am a student of geography? How to become a Geologist?

Candidate must have some eligibility to become Geologist. Which are listed below:

->candidate must be citizen of India.
->Age should be minimum of 21 and 32 years.
->Candidate must complete master degree in geology or applied geology or marine geology.
->Degree should be from any recognized university.
->Scheduled caste or scheduled tribe :up to maximum of five years
->other Backward classes: up to maximum of three years.
->Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopedically handicapped persons: up to maximum of ten years.

Above are the minimum eligibility to become geologist.
15th March 2017, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

I love to study geography and I want to become a geologist? what should I take after class 10? please reply me
25th March 2017, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

I am a student completed ma geography. But how to become a geologist upsc conducted by exam. But i am eligibility this exam ?
18th March 2018, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i want to do M.A GEOGRAPHY from open university but i complete my graduation in environmental science so my concern is that should i eligible for M.A geography and also tell what scope or govt jobs available
4th June 2020, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi I'm student of geography hons can I become geologist
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?