10th November 2014, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in RRB exam for B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) final year student?

Sir,
I am pursuing my final year btech automobile engineering
and i wish to apply for RRB exams.
I have not completed my degree yet,
so i want to know whether i apply for RRB
this year or after completing my degree.
please help me
-Senthamil

11th November 2014, 08:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in RRB exam for B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) final year student?

There are different eligibility criteria for different posts in Railway Recruitment Board. Some of the posts require candidates who have completed Intermediate or equivalent from a recognised board and some posts require candidates who have completed graduation from a recognised university.

Basically, recruitment in railways will be done in two different categories as mentioned below :-
1. Technical Category
2. Non-Technical Category

Eligibility Criteria for Technical Category :-
1. Candidates must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in a discipline from a recognised university.

2. Age Limit :- 18-30 years. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Eligibility Criteria for Non-Technical Category :-
1. Candidates must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in a discipline stream from a recognised board.

2. Age Limit :- 18-30 years. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

So, if you wish to apply for Non-Technical category RRB exam, you are eligible to appear even if you are in final year of B.Tech course and if you wish to apply for Technical category RRB exam, you need to complete your graduation degree from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for the examination.
11th November 2014, 11:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in RRB exam for B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) final year student?

Any Graduate from a recognized University can apply for IBPS RRB examination. Therefore, you are definitely eligible for this exam after completion, if you have B.Tech qualification from a recognized University.

You must complete your Degree before applying because you need to enter the percentage of marks in the online application form and without completion you will not have any idea of your marks. Therefore, it become highly improbable to apply before completion of Graduation.

The age limit for this exam is 18 to 27 years and there is age relaxation available for reserved category candidates.

For more information visit http://ibps.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?