21st November 2014, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

List of colleges or universities providing PhD in Social Work? Process of applying for PhD in various universities?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have completed my PG course in MSW in the year 2011 and now I am interested to do Ph D in Social Work. I have qualified UGC NET also. Please give me some information about the process of applying to PhD in various universities. Also kindly provide the list of colleges or universities are providing PhD in this course.

Related Questions:
23rd January 2015, 11:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of colleges or universities providing PhD in Social Work? Process of applying for PhD in various universities?

You can apply for Ph.D in Social Work if you have got Master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized University. Admission is mainly based on the entrance exam which is conducted by the University. If you have NET/SLET score then no need to appear for entrance exam. Those who have M.Phil are eligible for direct admission in Ph.D program.

You can pursue Ph.D in Social Work from following colleges in India

1. Christ University, Bangalore (Karnataka), Hosur Road , Bangalore (Bengaluru Dist.) - 560029

2. National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences(NIMHANS), Bangalore (Karnataka), Post No.2900,Housr Road , Bangalore (Bengaluru Dist.) - 560029

3. CSI Bishop Appasamy College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
#129, Race Course , Coimbatore (Coimbatore Dist.) - 641018

4. Hindusthan College of Arts and Science (HICAS), Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
Hindusthan Gardens, (Behind Nava India), Avanashi Road , Coimbatore (Coimbatore Dist.) - 641028

5. School of Social Sciences-Mizoram University, Aizwal (Mizoram), Department of Social Work , Aizwal (Aizwal Dist.) - 796004

6. Saurashtra University : Department of Social Work, Rajkot (Gujarat), Saurashtra University Campus, University Road , Rajkot (Rajkot Dist.) - 360005

7. Udaipur School of Social Work, Udaipur (Rajasthan), Rajasthan Vidyapeeth (Deemed) University), Dabok , Udaipur (Udaipur Dist.) - 313003
13th August 2018, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: List of colleges or universities providing PhD in Social Work? Process of applying for PhD in various universities?

I have completed my MSW I want to do my Ph.D kindly suggest few colleges offering PhD.
7th January 2019, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I want to pursue phd in social work as part time because I am In job, so how and where is it available in India?
14th April 2020, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBE(Business Economics) in 2010.Can I apply for phd in economics. Please suggest me few colleges offering Phd.
28th October 2022, 12:18 AM
Mythreyi1990

List of colleges

National institute of mental health and Neuro science

Christ University Bangalore

Hindustan college of Arts and Science

School of social science

Udaipur school of social work
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?