4th December 2014, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?

Hello
I want to know whether girls are eligible
for PSU jobs as btech mechanical stream.
I am studying mechanical engineering 3rd year and
i am very much interested in PSU jobs.
And i am preparing for GATE?

9th December 2014, 10:50 PM
soumyasecret

Default Re: Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?

Yes, equal opportunities are provided for both girls and boys in any PSU.
Due to less interest of girls in mechanical and electrical field there are very few girls who are working in PSUs. That does not mean PSUs do not have sufficient job for them. Most of the PSUs conduct their own exam and advertise their notifications for filling up the vacancies. GATE is a referral medium to measure the caliber of a candidate. In some companies it is compulsory and in some it is not. So it is not mandatory to appear the GATE exam. Its upto you whether you want to appear GATE exam or not but one thing for sure I can say that preparing for the exam will benefit you, no matter whatever GATE result you get.
4th November 2022, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?

I am a girl in mechanical engineering second year, will I get equal opportunity as boys in PSU??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?