6th December 2014, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in GRE to study MS in Germany if appearing in IELTS?

Sir
I am pursuing btech 3rd yr this year..
I want to do MS in Germany
I want to know whether GRE is mandatory
after giving IELTS exam..or only IELTS is sufficient ?

Related Questions:
  1. Do I have to appear in GRE or IELTS is sufficient to study MS in USA, Canada and Germany? Scope of M.S. through GRE, TOEFL and IELTS?
  2. Which is required to study masters in Germany IELTS or GRE?
  3. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  4. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  5. How can I do MBA in Germany? Is it compulsory to write GRE or IELTS? I'm doing B.Tech and have 65% marks till now
  6. Among IELTS, GRE and TOEFL which exam is required for pursuing MS in Germany?
  7. Which exam is required to study M.E in Germany? Whta is the difference between GRE and IELTS? Is German Language required for Germany?
  8. Which is better between GRE and IELTS to apply for MS programme in Germany?
  9. How to pursue MS in germany after finishing B.Tech with 70.40% and 6.5 score in IELTS? Procedure to apply in germany?
  10. How can I pursue M.Tech in Germany through scholarship? Best university for M.Tech(Mechatronics Engineering) in Germany? Which is best among IELTS, GRE and TOEFL for it?
  11. Exams required to appear in to go Foreign?
  12. Will I get admission in MS at Germany having 301 in GRE and 7 in IELTS?
  13. Can I get admission in German universities through IELTS with 6.5 bands? Is GRE score is required for the same? List of the universities in Germany considering only IELTS score?
  14. Which exam is better between IELTS and TOFEL? Should I take GRE if I want to pursue MS in Germany? Will I get good universities and scholarships after scoring 62% in B.E?
  15. Procedure to get admission in USA for M.Tech course?
  16. To do MS in Germany is it compulsory to take IELTS?
  17. IELTS , German Language Test, GRE: for Masters in Germany which all exams to clear? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Should I have to appear in GRE for study MS in Germany? Percentage required in B.Tech(CSE)?
9th December 2014, 05:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in GRE to study MS in Germany if appearing in IELTS?

No, it is not mandatory to appear in GRE examination to study MS in Germany. But, you need to appear for IELTS examination to get admission in German Universities, Most of the German Universities provides admissions on the basis of IELTS score, only some German universities asks GRE score for providing admission to candidate. So, if you opt for such type of university which requires GRE score, you need to appear for GRE examination. Otherwise, you can easily get admission in MS course in German universities with your IELTS score.
9th December 2014, 10:17 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in GRE to study MS in Germany if appearing in IELTS?

No, there is no need to appear for GRE. That's because most of the universities in Germany offers admission based on IELTS score only. And it is better to at least 6.5 bands in IELTS. So, that you can easily get an admission in German universities. If you have completed IELTS, you can apply for admissions by sending your Application form along with your IELTS score.
9th December 2014, 10:46 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Most of the Universities in Germany ask for IELTS score only and not more than that. But some Universities even ask for GRE Score. So, I would be better if you have GRE score also. Along with that, certificate saying you know the German language can also be an advantage for your admission in Universities of Germany.
So, it all depends on your University. First decide and keep target as one University. Later check the website of that University for requirements. If that University is asking only for IELTS, then attempt only IELTS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?