12th December 2014, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Ph.D? Procedure to apply and age limit?

hi,
i completed M.Sc., comp sci.
i want to do phd
any entrance exam is required for phd?
is entrance must for phd?
what is the name of entrance exam.
is there any age limit for exam.
and tell me the procedure to apply phd.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  2. Is there any age limit to do PhD? Detailed information about admission?
  3. Admission procedure for M.Phil Commerce course? Date of entrance exam, Age limit and minimum marks required for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Procedure to get admission without scholarship for Ph.D in Human Geography at Guru Ghasidas University? Age limit for admission?
  5. When is the OAS entrance exam? What is the procedure to apply for the exam? What is the age limit?
  6. Possibility to pursue Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering for a candidate who has completed 10th 15 years ago?
  7. Syllabus, procedure of admission and information about PhD entrance exam?
  8. After MA what is the eligibility to do PhD? Age limit for Lecturer job in government school?
  9. Procedure to get admission in RAW in Technical and no technical field? Required age criteria and educational qualification for this? Information regarding the Entrance Exam and Salary packages for this?
  10. Procedure to apply for JBT entrance exam? What is the age limit? Last date to apply for this exam in Faridabad and Delhi? List of the government and non government colleges?
  11. How to prepare for Ph.D(sociology) entrancing exam? Is there any age limit to get admission in Ph.D? I have been completed my MA in sociology.
  12. What is the selection procedure in HAS? How much percentage is needed in graduation to apply for the HAS exam? What is the age limit and is there any age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC students?
  13. How to start career in the field of research? Entry criteria and scope?
  14. Procedure to get admission and date of entrance exam for Ph.D in Finance in KUK University?
  15. How to apply for PhD in Nutrition & Diabetics? Is there any entrance exam for it? Schedule of entrance exam?
  16. Colleges, entrance exam, duration, fee and application details for PhD in Management (HR)?
  17. When entrance exam for PhD Physics will held? Detailed information regarding admission procedure?
  18. Is it possible to do PhD without entrance? Procedures and timing of classes?

14th December 2014, 06:46 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Ph.D? Procedure to apply and age limit?

It is nice to see you aspire for higher studies especially PhD. There are various colleges across the country which offers PhD courses and they have different procedure of selection of students for PhD. Some take on the basis of entrance exam conducted by certain authority across the country, some take on the basis of entrance exam conducted by them only and some take on the basis of academic background and interview. The entrance exams based on which many institutes take admission are :-

- GATE
- CSIR/UGC-NET
- JAM (Only for integrated MSc and PhD and dual degree MSc and PhD course)

There is no age limit. You need to appear for the entrance exams and wait for the advertisement of different universities for PhD entry. On seeing their advertisement, you can apply.

14th December 2014, 08:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Ph.D? Procedure to apply and age limit?

If you have completed M.Sc Computer Science, then you must apply for exams like NET/SLET. A decent score in NET/SLET will make you eligible for Ph.D admission without any other entrance exam.

Most of the Universities in India accept NET/SLET scores for giving admission in Ph.D program. If you are not able to qualify NET/SLET, then you can apply for Ph.D entrance exam for admission, which is mostly conducted by the University.

Hence, you must keep track of the Ph.D admission notification and apply for the entrance exam. You must have at least 55% marks in your Master's Degree to become eligible for Ph.D admission.

26th January 2019, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir l am completed M A Sociology from IGNOU with 70 Percent . What is the procedure of entrance exam in the university for admission in Phd Sociology. How to apply

13th August 2020, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

i have done my M.sc.organic chemistry in the year 2007 can i attend GATE Biochemistry exam now to get admission into phd biochemistry.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?