17th December 2014, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Is GRE necessary to do PhD from Abroad or IELTS is enough?

Hi,I have done my Masters in computational biology.I want to know is GRE necessary to give to do PhD from abroad or only ielets will do? I know GRE provides scholorships but is it necessary to give? How much difference will be there if only ielets is given?
Will be very thankful.

Related Questions:
17th December 2014, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GRE necessary to do PhD from Abroad or IELTS is enough?

You need to appear for GRE examination along with IELTS to get admission in Ph.D course in foreign universities. IELTS is a standardised test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency in Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing sections. You can avail scholarship for pursuing your higher studies in foreign universities with the help of GRE score. So, to get admission in Ph.D course in Abroad, you need to appear for GRE and IELTS examination.
17th December 2014, 11:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, GRE is very much essential score for top Universities in USA and UK for getting admission in a Ph.D program. IELTS and TOEFL are just to prove your English Proficiency for getting admission in a course which is offered in English language.

If you want to get admission in a reputed University abroad, then you have to qualify GRE with a excellent score and also have a decent IELTS/TOEFL score along with it.

There are Universities which offer admission without GRE but they are surely not the most reputed Universities. Hence, if you want to get admission in a top University with scholarship then be prepared for it.

For more information visit https://www.ets.org/gre/
17th December 2014, 11:49 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

We cannot say it exactly. Because, it depends upon the university, in which you intend to join. Some universities will ask for GRE score and some universities will offer admissions only with IELTS score. So, first to try to know the admission requirements of universities, which you have selected. If there is a GRE requirement, then you should apply for that exam. Otherwise, you can apply for admissions only with your IELTS score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?