17th December 2014, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to study BBA to apply for MBA?

hello
i want to take MBA . so shall i take directly MBA
or i want to read BBA and MBA ah ..
please kindly say way to take MBA .
i m so much intrested in it..

18th December 2014, 09:23 PM
Inflammable

Default Re: Should I have to study BBA to apply for MBA?

It is not necessary to study BBA, if you want to study MBA. Bachelor degree is mandatory to apply for Master of Business Administration(MBA). There are many institutes in India and abroad which offers MBA program. But for getting admission in MBA, you have to appear in entrance exams. There are many entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, IIFT, CMAT, OPENMAT and GMAT. These are the entrance exams through which a candidate can get admission in MBA. The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in these entrance exams is 50% in graduation(for MAT & GMAT, there is no percentage required). Many universities has their own eligibility criteria but minimum qualification is graduation in any stream.
18th December 2014, 11:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any stream Graduation will make you eligible for a MBA degree. All you need to take care is that your degree should be from a recognized University with at least 50% marks.

If you have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognized University, then you can apply for MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT and GMAT. Scores in these entrance exams will help you to apply for MBA admission in India.

Hence, if you want to get admission in a MBA program then complete a Degree course course in any stream and apply for MBA entrance exams. Excellent score in the MBA entrance exam will help you in getting admission in a top MBA college.
18th December 2014, 11:31 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
i want to take MBA . so shall i take directly MBA
or i want to read BBA and MBA ah ..
please kindly say way to take MBA .
i m so much intrested in it..

It is not necessary that you should have studied BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration) an Undergraduate course of 3 years to be eligible for applying for MBA(Master of Business Administration).

It is only needed that the candidate applying should have completed a 3 year Undergraduate degree from a recognized university. Apart from this you would need to write the entrance exams conducted for MBA, through which you can join in colleges based on the marks you have scored in the exams.

BEST ENTRANCE EXAM FOR MBA:

>> MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST (MAT)

>> AIMS TEST FOR MANAGEMENT ADMISSIONS (ATMA)

>> COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT)

>> IBS APTITUDE TEST (IBSAT)

>> INTEGRATED COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (ICET)

>> FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (FMS)

>> INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE (IIFT)

>> JOINT MANAGEMENT ENTRANCE TEST (JMET)

>> MAHARASHTRA MBA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (MAH - MBA/MMS CET )

>> NARSEE MONJEE MAT (NMAT )

>> SYMBIOSIS NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST (SNAP)

>> XLRI (XAT )

Regards
~Jxsab~
19th December 2014, 12:36 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their Graduation in B.Tech/B.com/B.E/BBA etc are eligible to apply for MBA. It is not mandatory to do BBA, if you want to join in MBA. Candidates from any of the above courses can apply for MBA. There are many entrance exams, which are conducted to provide admissions in MBA course. Some of them are MAT, CAT, XAT, ICET, etc. You can apply for any of them to get admission in MBA.
19th December 2014, 11:53 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to study BBA course to pursue MBA course. To be eligible to get admission in MBA course, you must have to appear for MBA entrance examinations like MAT, CAT,XAT, CMAT, etc. To be eligible to appear for these entrance examinations, you must have to complete Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. By qualifying the MBA entrance examination, you can get admission in MBA course in a particular college. If you wish to pursue MBA course in foreign countries, then, you need to appear for GMAT examination to get admission in MBA course in foreign universities. Finally, I conclude that there is no need to pursue BBA course to be eligible to pursue MBA course. A Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university is sufficient to be eligible for admission in MBA course..
29th July 2020, 12:43 PM
Siddharth717

No, BBA is not compulsory to pursue MBA. Eligibility criteria of MBA is “A graduate degree under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern under any discipline, securing at least 50% marks in aggregate, from a recognized university.” So, you can pursue MBA after any graduation..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?